Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I truly think a turbo is the answer to every Talon question!🤪 Seriously it does make it shift and ride/driving experience better. The low end power comes on so much sooner and has helped us in all types of riding situations especially rock crawling. Not that the Talon doesn’t perform good without a Turbo….it just makes it that much better with a Turbo. I honestly don’t really care for a Talon without a Turbo as my experience is that good with a Turbo. That may bring on some hate but I love turbo power!!😜😂 Can’t wait to hear how it does first weekend out CP!!
Well after spending a bunch of time in the machine this weekend, probably about 18 hours, I’ve got a few thoughts. It’s seamless. She idles and runs smoother, shifts are so much more solid and a good time. I was a little worried about hill climbs but for the most part they are better, the extra grunt lower rpm’s helps. It will get spin instantly but fairly easy to stay out of it.
Wife liked it so much that I didn’t get to drive much on our night ride, we got back from that at 8am🤣 just us riding around all morning, no backup and no need.
My honest opinion is that the machine felt like it was totally designed around that boost. You were right with your statement. The whole group enjoyed it, wife especially believe it or not. It’s plenty tame when you need it to be yet a beast when you want it. Not concerned any more.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Well after spending a bunch of time in the machine this weekend, probably about 18 hours, I’ve got a few thoughts. It’s seamless. She idles and runs smoother, shifts are so much more solid and a good time. I was a little worried about hill climbs but for the most part they are better, the extra grunt lower rpm’s helps. It will get spin instantly but fairly easy to stay out of it.
Wife liked it so much that I didn’t get to drive much on our night ride, we got back from that at 8am🤣 just us riding around all morning, no backup and no need.
My honest opinion is that the machine felt like it was totally designed around that boost. You were right with your statement. The whole group enjoyed it, wife especially believe it or not. It’s plenty tame when you need it to be yet a beast when you want it. Not concerned any more.
That’s awesome! That’s exactly what I’m talking about but it’s hard to explain….everything on the Talon is better with boost! 🤪
Glad you guys had a great weekend!!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do not understand how a turbo makes your machine shift better (?)
Probably the tune. But it’s definitely better, more aggressive and engages smoother at lower rpm at takeoff. But when going through the gears it shifts hard and fast

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!