P1000 Easy Lift

S

ShortysBuggy

Nov 16, 2015
Got about 1 1/2" of lift out of the rear to match the longer shocks installed on the front. Cheap & easy. Center punch 2 1/4" from wheel side of bracket on the front side, 3/8" down from top and drill pilot hole. Final hole size is 31/64".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 334
Reactions: Hondasxs
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What kind of lift did you do in the front?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope it holds up for you, looks like the hole is very close to the edge of the bracket, from measurements looks to be 1/8". Keep us posted on how it preforms.

S

ShortysBuggy

Nov 16, 2015
Image Installed aftermarket shocks 1 1/4" longer on the front.

Reactions: Hondasxs
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Got about 1 1/2" of lift out of the rear to match the longer shocks installed on the front. Cheap & easy. Center punch 2 1/4" from wheel side of bracket on the front side, 3/8" down from top and drill pilot hole. Final hole size is 31/64".
So do you have part numbers for all of the shocks or model years?

S

ShortysBuggy

Nov 16, 2015
So do you have part numbers for all of the shocks or model years?
I just called BanditUTVsuspension and ordered a set of rear shocks for a CanAm Commander. Not sure if they will separate a full set, the 2 I got were some extras they had.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Seeing how close that is to the edge, i have to ask if you considered reinforcing that by putting some steel plate on there. The beating that a suspension takes would scare me leaving it like that.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
so your front shocks...are stock height rear shocks from a Commander? How do they ride?

S

ShortysBuggy

Nov 16, 2015
Seeing how close that is to the edge, i have to ask if you considered reinforcing that by putting some steel plate on there. The beating that a suspension takes would scare me leaving it like that.
The bolt hole doesn't concern me a bit. I've owned ATVs and UTVs for years and yet to see an out of gauge shock bolt hole. If the bolt is tightend, it will never move, especially on the up-travel side.

S

ShortysBuggy

Nov 16, 2015
so your front shocks...are stock height rear shocks from a Commander? How do they ride?
Yes, they are stock height aftermarket dual rate adjustable shocks and I'm very impressed with the ride. As with the 700 pioneer, I felt the factory front shocks on the 1000 bottomed out much to easy.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!