CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
My 2020 P1K5 Deluxe started feeling stiff turning to the right a few weeks ago on a trail ride. No lights on the dash but the next day it would steer fine for a portion of the steering travel and then bind to the point of needing both hands to steer past those spots.
It does it in either direction now and is at random spots. I have checked battery voltage and it's good, jacked up the front end and I can grab a wheel and cycle the steering both ways and nothing binds or appears to be bent. I disconnected the steering joint and nothing binds up but I don't know of a way to test the motor.
If I have to replace it I'll probably go with a Superatv kit but I don't want to buy anything without knowing for sure that the EPS is the problem.

Reactions: toddvdh and JenElio
CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I'm going to try to check the grounds one night this week. If that doesn't fix it then I guess I'll be buying new power steering from Superatv. I just wish that they had the 400 watt kit for the pioneer.
I would like to make an upgrade while I have it apart instead of just replacing it.

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm going to try to check the grounds one night this week. If that doesn't fix it then I guess I'll be buying new power steering from Superatv. I just wish that they had the 400 watt kit for the pioneer.
I would like to make an upgrade while I have it apart instead of just replacing it.
I would say check the words yes, is it intermittent or always, even on a smooth surface?

CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
It does it even with the front end jacked up and tires off of the ground. It's not constantly stiff, for short periods it feels fine , then, intermittently it will become difficult to steer.
The steering light hasn't come on and the battery had 12.8 volts when tested with the key off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!