Resource icon

Multi PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone with a response to what I asked would be appreciated ... maybe to cautious but would like to know just to do ... you never know what liquid courage could get you to do until you do it lol.
I can relate!!

Reactions: Isaiah
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nothing like a friendly PSA to save you from a PITA.

Thanks @Hondasxs

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Old post but For the diffs you should use diff bellows you can get ones for a Polaris pheonix for about 4 bucks a piece. We have used them for several years on our deep water riding works great

Reactions: Hondasxs
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
or do you have to mod them a bit?

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
or do you have to mod them a bit?
They just clamp on over the existing nipple or you can mount them higher on the frame to avoid sticks and such. I have not done them on the pioneer yet since I haven't snorkeled it yet but when I do it will be the first thing I'll do. I've used them on several wheelers in the past ( Honda Kawasaki and Polaris) and it works great. I just bought the pioneer so haven't got that far on this one yet...

Reactions: bobbyhill
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Someone needs to do this and show pictures! I'm too tied up in my mess of shocks to do it myself!

Reactions: bobbyhill
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I had time to take a look at the differential vents today where they go into the frame. They aren't bad. I decided to silicone them into the frame to make a tighter seal so unless I leave it sitting in the water and my frame fills up completely than I'm all set. The fan vent is reasonably high for how deep I go. Overall not a bad setup but very easy to snorkel completely for sure!

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Change of plans parts weren't in stock locally so ordered them will update when finished

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Someone needs to do this and show pictures! I'm too tied up in my mess of shocks to do it myself!
Pictures of how to are in the very first post of this topic.
Pretty simple find your fuel tank vent hose coming out the gas tank under the passenger seat.
Add a 7/32" barb and use 6ft. of 7/32" rubber tubing attach to the barb.
Run the extra 6ft. up behind the seat buck to the bracket behind the seat where the headrest riser starts stick the tubing through the existing bracket holes.
Done in 5 minutes tops.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Pictures of how to are in the very first post of this topic.
Pretty simple find your fuel tank vent hose coming out the gas tank under the passenger seat.
Add a 7/32" barb and use 6ft. of 7/32" rubber tubing attach to the barb.
Run the extra 6ft. up behind the seat buck to the bracket behind the seat where the headrest riser starts stick the tubing through the existing bracket holes.
Done in 5 minutes tops.

I don't have a fuel tank vent (at least not that I can find on the 2015 and newer). We were talking about adding bellows to the diffs.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don't have a fuel tank vent (at least not that I can find on the 2015 and newer). We were talking about adding bellows to the diffs.
Why would you be taking about differentials and billows in a thread titled fuel line breather hose?

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Why would you be taking about differentials and billows in a thread titled fuel line breather hose?

Perhaps you could address your question to the first person that brought it up in this thread right after it was created? It's about snorkeling and they are related topics so sometimes that happens.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs or @JACKAL does the P1K need the fuel line extended or does it have a recovery type system?

Reactions: crazychris
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs or @JACKAL does the P1K need the fuel line extended or does it have a recovery type system?
I will have to check but I will guess it needs to have the vent tube extended.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!