P1000m3 Hello from AZ

S

slowpoke

Dec 18, 2016
Flagstaff, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just signed up and am from Flagstaff, AZ. I'm glad I found this forum. Appreciate the tremendous amount of info. I don't have a Pioneer, but plan to rectify that shortly. Any advice on what to get would be welcomed. I've narrowed my choices to a 16 1000 5 Deluxe or a 17 1000 3 or 5 LE. The obvious advantage of the 2016 is immediate availability and price. The 2017's seem to offer some advantages with the improved transmission/clutch, shocks, air intake, and seat heat mitigation. Am I missing anything?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decisions, decisions...

Welcome from Georgia, this is an awesome forum with tons of information and great people.

My folks stay at Munds Park in the summer, live in Mesa in the winter. I've been up in your neck of the woods many, many times! Talk about some miles of SXS friends trails and places to ride!!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from sout Texas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just signed up and am from Flagstaff, AZ. I'm glad I found this forum. Appreciate the tremendous amount of info. I don't have a Pioneer, but plan to rectify that shortly. Any advice on what to get would be welcomed. I've narrowed my choices to a 16 1000 5 Deluxe or a 17 1000 3 or 5 LE. The obvious advantage of the 2016 is immediate availability and price. The 2017's seem to offer some advantages with the improved transmission/clutch, shocks, air intake, and seat heat mitigation. Am I missing anything?

Welcome to the forum slowpoke. Have you made a decision yet?

S

slowpoke

Dec 18, 2016
Flagstaff, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to the forum slowpoke. Have you made a decision yet?
I've decided to hold out for the 2017 1000 LE. The relocation of the intake, wiring harness added, fox shocks, and new transmission relieving the clutch problems have me waiting...

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've decided to hold out for the 2017 1000 LE. The relocation of the intake, wiring harness added, fox shocks, and new transmission relieving the clutch problems have me waiting...

Do you have any info on the relocation of the intake?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome to the forum slowpoke(man I don't like saying that to someone I don't know lol) you have any plans on anything on the Pioneer yet?

advertisement
S

slowpoke

Dec 18, 2016
Flagstaff, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Honda pro Kevin wrote about the 2017: "To help the engine meet Honda’s unmatched reliability standards, the air inlet is positioned high under the hood, resulting in a clean supply of air and excellent clearance for water fording. The air-cleaner element is a viscous paper type, for exceptional filtration and a long service life"
I checked with the dealer in Flagstaff and he said the intake was being moved higher and back.
I've read of it in a few other places. Of course I haven't seen it myself, but I'm hoping it's true.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda pro Kevin wrote about the 2017: "To help the engine meet Honda’s unmatched reliability standards, the air inlet is positioned high under the hood, resulting in a clean supply of air and excellent clearance for water fording. The air-cleaner element is a viscous paper type, for exceptional filtration and a long service life"
I checked with the dealer in Flagstaff and he said the intake was being moved higher and back.
I've read of it in a few other places. Of course I haven't seen it myself, but I'm hoping it's true.

Thanks for getting back on this.

I hope Honda made an improvement here.

J

JTW

Pretty sure someone on here said that's how it was described before. I think they even posted something saying it.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm wondering if they are improving the vents on everything that needs to be vented for "water fording"?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!