KFI Winch Mount and Superwinch 3000LT Install

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
I wanted to purchase a winch but was not going to spend $500 on the Honda winch and Honda Plate. After excessive search I went with the new KFI winch mount for the 500. Installation of mount and winch was around 30 mins. Note; they do not have on there website yet I had to call to order. The KFI winch mount sits higher than the Honda so it does not get wet. I purchased the mount for $57 and a super winch LT 3000 cause of the reviews and was on sale at amazon for $111.00. A winch and mount for under $200. Now time to wire. Note you can buy the Honda sub harness accessory for $8.95 from Honda so that you can plug in into the wiring scheme without having to cut into the ignition wire. You use the wire and connect your winch wires to this. Hope this helps there was limited information on the web for all this.

Winch
SuperWinch - Amazon

Mount
http://www.kfiproducts.com/

Harness
http://powersports.honda.com/2015/pione ... ories.aspx

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,768
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,082
C

Crookedcreek

Aug 25, 2014
Re: KFI Winch Mount Install

Looks really good, the high mounting position for the winch is what sold me. I too went with the KFI winch mount, received on 11-26. I'm teaming it up with a Superwinch Terra 35, which is scheduled to arrive on Monday, 12-1. The photos (on Amazon, got it for $174 Black Friday special) that show all the wiring, switches and other parts (there's a bunch there) are a little intimidating, but I'm guessing I'll figure it out! I have 2-3weeks to figure it out, as that's when I should be getting the call that the KFI 66" snow blade, push tube, and plow mount have arrived at my dealer. KFI's plow mount is nice and compact, like the winch mount.
What kind of winch toggle (in/out) switch did you use (any photos of that installation?)? The one shown in the photos of the Terra 35 kit has a handle bar (tube) mount, and until I get it, I won't know if that mount can be removed and the switch can be mounted in the dash (anyone know?).

B

BOB403

Dec 11, 2014

Hi. Where did you manage to find the wiring diagram for the instalation Thanks

B

BOB403

Dec 11, 2014

Thanks. Happy to meet you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!