P700 Looking for wiring help

S

sbreznyak

Oct 9, 2020
Oakland, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am trying to safely and efficiently bring power to the front of the machine for accessories. I plan on a line from battery To a fuse box and utilize relays. I’ve managed to confuse myself on sequencing. Battery To in line fuse to fuse box to relay to switch to accessory? Please help

D

Danno887

Jun 18, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Battery -> Circuit Breaker/in-line fuse -> relay/solenoid -> fuse box -> accessories

key on power would go to the solenoid so the fuse box only has power with key on

S

sbreznyak

Oct 9, 2020
Oakland, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
so i can put the fuse right before the relay or should it be close to the battery?
where would a rocker switch go in your sequence above?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
so i can put the fuse right before the relay or should it be close to the battery?
where would a rocker switch go in your sequence above?
The large fuse should be close to the battery.

Battery -> Circuit Breaker/in-line fuse -> relay/solenoid -> fuse box -> accessories
On the above sequence, the switches are between the fuse block and accessories. Assuming only a few need their own relays. Most accessories don't need its own relay. Only those pulling more amps, usually 15a or more. Also in this example the Relay/Selonid is most likley a single large relay like an 80a stinger.

Here is an edit on the above.
Battery -> Circuit Breaker/in-line fuse -> relay/solenoid -> fuse box -> switches -> accessories

This is more common.
Battery -> Circuit Breaker/in-line fuse -> 80A stinger -> fuse box -> switches -> relays if needed-> accessories

I think this is what how you are thinking and why you are getting confused. This is how mine is also. a combination of each.
Second Battery -> Circuit Breaker/in-line fuse ->

Then 2 options. Trigger power is from a key-on or switched source.
Option A (for Large Amp items)-- fuse block -> relays |----| trigger activated switches -> relay triggers -> FULLY relayed powers accessory.
Option B (for Med amp items)-- Fuse block -> trigger activated relays -> switchs-> accessories.
Option C (for Small amp items)-- trigger activated relay -> multupal Low amp fuses -> multipual individual items/switches

both A and B have their uses and can be combined.
Example. a Light bar need its own relay. it woudl use option A.
A set of cube lights could use B and share the relay with some rocker lights.
Option C is for things like USB, Voltmeter, Winch control, Switch backlighting, Dome light. All off 1 relay but each has its own fuse or you can share 2 items on 1 fuse to save space.

Well.. I probably confused you more.
I use a combination of options A, B, and C when I make panels.

** I think my layouts are right. I had to go look at my notes. lol.

Reactions: wrhii
S

sbreznyak

Oct 9, 2020
Oakland, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
thank you! I'm mostly wiring additional lights, a usb charger and voltmeter. In the future i would consider a second battery if i can figure that one out. Where are people putting those on a 700?

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here is my set up. i have lights front and rear a well a a radio and usb chargers all off of my second fuse panel. I just don't have the second battery set up. it is all off the one battery.

20200614 103409 20200614 103430 20200614 104717

S

sbreznyak

Oct 9, 2020
Oakland, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thats what i have in mind. What is the part next to your accessory fuse box? Is that a breaker? need to order that

Reactions: Mudwing
D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
that is the stinger. I went with the 80 amp. I hooked up the main battery feed to the one side then the fuse panel to the other. One of the small terminals go to ground the the other goes to the accessory on feed so the panel only gets hot when key is on. I got it off of Amazon.

S

sbreznyak

Oct 9, 2020
Oakland, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
What do you mean by the accessory on feed? Is it from the key switch? Or is it any accessory on feed?

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have viewed online people hooking into the cig lighter wire but i hooked directly to the accessory fuse wire. i have seen that Honda makes a wiring harness adaptor for the cig lighter that will give you an extra hot wire for the hot feed. It is all preference. One thing i found is to make sure you hook in so it is a true accessory hot where it does not shut off and on when you move the key from accessory position to actually start it up. Just a suggestion.

M

mklay

May 12, 2020
WI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am working on re-wireing a 2015 700-4 I recently purchased. The accessories worked some of the time but not others. The True isolator was not installed correctly and would drain my starting battery. I currently have the old mess pulled out and am working on the re-do. I am new to wriing accessories, so bare with me is I seem a bit lost:
My ultimate goal is to have a duel battery set-up with the winch coming off the main. All other accessories will come off the aux. battery. I would like to have a master power switch so my lights etc. can run with-out key on power. Just turn flip the power switch and all other accessory switches will have power.
I have attached my wiring diagram. Please let me know if you see any issues....
I have a few questions:
Do I need in-line fuses or does the fuse block take care of this? If so, where?
Can I ground the TRUE isolator, aux. battery and fuse block to the frame under the hood?
How do I connect the voltmeters for each battery so they are not alway on?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• WD.pdf
    54.1 KB · Views: 145

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!