DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want to put an oil pressure gauge on my 700-2. Anyone done that or know how to do it?
I don't know if anyone has ever done it. There are test ports somewhere on the engine that you thread into that might be a possibility. I'd be worried about them vibrating out, so I'd safety wire it or something. If I recall, the 700 runs over 100 PSI of oil pressure.

H

HondaTech

There are 5 different oil pressure positions on the 700 engine

1 each for the clutches
1 for the engine pressure
1 for main transmission pressure

Unless you suspect there being a problem the trans will tell you when there is lack of pressure by not moving.

L

Layloo

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden, ME
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm worried about the motor, and always want to see the oil pressure, but in this case the transmission oil pressure is 100+PSIG. As you say HondaTech, since the motor only needs 20+PSIG, the transmission will indicate the problem first.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!