highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
You’re not going to get a better fit than this on top and bottom. Bottom pic shows how the grommet sandwiches the fender between the top and bottom. The hose clamp secured the tube inside the grommet. Everything fits together super tightly and is structurally strong.

IMG 2806

IMG 2808
IMG 2807

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
As a follow up to all the flack I've gotten from some of Facebook's friendliest people...

The color matched cover plate was the best design solution idea I had when I began making this product. It was intended to cover and the fender hole cut. It was color matched to the fender to look like it wasn't there. That worked fine while I was shipping 4-10 per week. The demand had grown to 30-40 per week and welding was taking up more and more of my weekends. The new grommet design is also designed to dress the fender cut while NOT covering the factory plastic paint with something the exact same color. So basically, instead of covering the factory plastic with a plate, the grommet allows the factory plastic to be seen with minimal coverage to dress the fender hole. And with a flat top on the grommet, the prefilter can set directly on the grommet for the lowest possible profile.

Yesterday evening was so nice. Since I didn't have to weld I was able to box up products so that once an order is placed I can grab the box, stick a label on it and ship it out. A much smoother operation now that I had the time available to organize and prepare products for shipping.

And to address not changing the pricing for the new design...
My most similar (unnamed) competitor sells their prefilter kit for $278 or $325 depending on which filter you order. Knowing how much the similar components cost, their profit markup is WAY beyond my markup. If I were to follow with the same markup my kit would retail for $650!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!