Timing Chain Tensioner Tool

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anything I can use to retract the tensioner to install it other than the proper tool that I don't have ans didn't know I needed until 10min ago?

I'm currently at Summit Racing picking up a valve shim kit to finish up the motor and they don't sell the tool here. Am I SOL until I get one?

@HondaTech

Reactions: Blownzuki
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anything I can use to retract the tensioner to install it other than the proper tool that I don't have ans didn't know I needed until 10min ago?

I'm currently at Summit Racing picking up a valve shim kit to finish up the motor and they don't sell the tool here. Am I SOL until I get one?

@HondaTech
A small screw driver works fine.
The tool is designed to hold it once retracted but I have never needed it.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

@HondaTech

Sorry I'm at a race and didn't see the tag.

Any small screwdriver is fine

The tool just makes its easier, since it holds the tensioner open until you need it released.

K&l has a cheaper one if you dont want to spend the fortune for the Honda tool

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

@HondaTech
Just BUILD one.