Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I received an email from Rick at SSS Offroad regarding the UHMW Skidplates for the Pioneer 1000 were available. I asked for the price on a full set delivered to IL and he replied $885.00 that is $190 less than the Trail Armor skids I got. I do not see them on the website yet but he has a few pictures up on facebook.

Here is the best one of the three, appears to be 1/2" same as the Trail Armor set. Note these do not go any further up as a bash plate than the Trail Armor version, both terminate in same spot.

SSS Offroad UHMW P1K Skids

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the trail armor do go a little bit farther up on the bash guard. but not much.
20160117 152807

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Darn.
Really need a bash plate.
Do you see a way to add a bash plate to the trail armor and have it fit fairly well without a huge lip?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Darn.
Do you see a way to add a bash plate to the trail armor and have it fit fairly well without a huge lip?
The only feasible way I could figure is make a plate about 12" long and at the bottom overlap the main skid using the front two bolts to hold it then flex it up and secure it with 3 bolts and cup washers right below the fairlead hole. But I think that way it might catch when backing down off a big rock protruding in the center of your path.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Darn.
anything's possible. much of the installation of the trail armor involved the use of self tapping screws into the frame. if a bash guard were similarly installed it could be lapped over the trail armor I guess. personally, I'm good with using the metal bashguard if I have to. I don't plan on taking many direct hits to that area. it should be fine for the rare occasion.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Guess I'll save up some money and order the trail armor.
With the SSS, How do you get all the mud out from inside?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Guess I'll save up some money and order the trail armor.
With the SSS, How do you get all the mud out from inside?
I dunno, and I'm not sure it has drain holes for the differentials either, I had to drill those out for my P500 SSS skids.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made my own skid plate for my Foreman. At first I didn't cut any holes in it except for the oil drain. Then I looked at it and wondered the same thing...,how am I gonna get the mud out at cleanup?. It actually wasn't too bad with mild pressure from pressure washer. Some mud would still reside right next to the frame rails. So I went back and drilled some holes in the plate. Cleanup was a little easier but had a new problem of those holes allowing mud to get in through the holes. This was especially aggravating if you like deep mud like I do. I think in the end it's an even treadeoff either having them or not. Just my .02.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are u planning to install snow plow holding plate ? I installed 1/2" thick KFI plate and this is enough for protection .

Trail armor plate looks like designers put more thought and effory into it. Drain holes must for me. Mud could be possibly washed well if no drain holes, but grass ,stones no way. I had to drill drain holes along frame contact with my custom plate .

Darn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!