Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed that with my new vrx winch. It works great. BT connects right away with no issues and there is no lag in the controls.

Reactions: TxDoc
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have it on my Axom winch and it is really good about feedback on the winch. Jt tells you how hardnit is working and how hot it is to lrvent damage. Sorry the picture is not great but you get the idea. I just wish they had a bluetooth hand control to go with it. I am not a big fan of using my 1000 phone in the mud and rocks Be729daaf5dfe11d05734f8595d1fa03

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the concept but I dont think those receivers will last. Heat will kill that electrical board eventually. Just stick to the wired remote. My 2cents ✌🏻😎

R

rickoshea

i have a question? is it practical to use this anywhere else but in dry conditions?whenever i have to winch i'm usually up to my knees/elbows in water/mud.not really conducive to cell phone longevity.$50 on Amazon gets you a wireless remote kit that will withstand muck/water.

Last edited:
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that is my concern with the system. I have it installed on my Tablet that is mounted with my GPS and use it to monitor the heat and load on the winch.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Love the concept but I dont think those receivers will last. Heat will kill that electrical board eventually. Just stick to the wired remote. My 2cents ✌🏻😎
Lol Heat from what? This line of thinking always cracks me up. People opt out of things that could make their life exponentially easier because some day in the very distant future they might have to fix it. I would argue the wired remote is probably more prone to failure/damage.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have a question? is it practical to use this anywhere else but in dry conditions?whenever i have to winch i'm usually up to my knees/elbows in water/mud.not really conducive to cell phone longevity.$50 on Amazon gets you a wireless remote kit that will withstand muck/water.
I've used the warn wireless remote for over 10 years and it has always been great. Not 1 single issue. My guy talked me into trying the Bluetooth phone version. Not sure if its a great idea but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully my phone survives. Most winching is due to obstacles and not mud. One benefit is It does have a longer range.

Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed that with my new vrx winch. It works great. BT connects right away with no issues and there is no lag in the controls.
Hey @Cuoutdoors, did you piggy back the connections for the hub on the existing contactor connections from the switch to control the winch? Warn instructions show it connected to the contactor like it is the only control point. I've got the factory installed winch and thought about adding remote connectivity to the switch controls on the machine.

Thanks.

Reactions: aucivil
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It got my attention, as there's a version that will monitor how hot the winch is, so you can better avoid damage. Unfortunately, the Warn Hub doesn't look like it provides that function on the 4.5 VRX Honda used on the '21 SE, so it would basically be an overly complicated wireless remote and I installed a simple wireless remote for $25 and no need to use a phone app.

Reactions: Smitty335
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Hub P/N: 103950 for the VRX and the other powersport winches. It is good to note that with the hub receiver you are only able to see line tension and motor temp. on the AXON unit. All other units will only show battery voltage.

The version for the larger winches will show battery voltage, too.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!