Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today Is Something: 04-22-24

Blasphemous as it may be, the Honda Pioneer inherited a sibling today. I am not sure yet if it is a red headed step-child, or the desired brother, it might even be a golden child. Who knows. Time can only tell... Coming home today on the back of the cummins trailer is a 2024 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S LE.

IMG 1593

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Blasphemous as it may be, the Honda Pioneer inherited a sibling today. I am not sure yet if it is a red headed step-child, or the desired brother, maybe a golden child. Time can only tell... Coming home today on the back of the cummins trailer is a 2024 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S LE.

View attachment 426422
I don't see many of those out on the trails, what was the determining factor in picking that machine vs others. I'm currently torn between the Rmax, Maverick sport and Commander as a second machine

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't see many of those out on the trails, what was the determining factor in picking that machine vs others. I'm currently torn between the Rmax, Maverick sport and Commander as a second machine
The main purpose of the second machine was to get family and friends onto the trails with us. Being able to provide something was a big milestone my wife and I wanted to achieve. We have so many friends and family who enjoy riding, most of them don't have their own machine. So this was a way to get them out with us.

Main considerations were:
Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

It came down to the Wolverine and Teryx. The price ultimately won us over on the teryx.

Over the last week my wife and I have been doing some heavy research, we found a unit from a dealer in Illinois. They had the best price and financing. They did not have the Cypher green, which was my favorite color. I called many dealers from IL, MO and IA. I was very direct "this is the machine I want, this is the price I desire. Otherwise I will go with another dealer". Everyone I spoke to basically said they couldn't do it. I called Big Motorsports in St Charles MO. I told the saleswoman my expectations, she asked who the dealer I was currently working with. I told her I was working with Holzhauer in IL. The saleswoman responded with "let me talk with my boss and I will call you back". 30 minutes later I get a call back.

The saleswoman states, the dealer I was working with was selling a new old stock 2023 Teryx4 Camo S LE. We do not have a 2023. We have a new 2024. We can match holzhauer on price and financing for the 2024 Teryx4 S LE. If I wanted a different color the price would be more expensive. The Cypher green was $1000 more than the Camo. After some research, the Cypher green (including the other colors) is nothing different, only a color change. I couldn't justify $1000 for just a color that will most likely be damaged or fade with use. We hashed out some numbers and my wife and I scored a 2024 Teryx4 Camo S LE for $15482.50 OTD with our tax exempt for 0 down and 1.9% interest for 36 months. We declined the extended warranty. They wanted $1800 for that.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The main purpose of the second machine was to get family and friends onto the trails with us. Being able to provide something was a big milestone my wife and I wanted to achieve. We have so many friends and family who enjoy riding, most of them don't have their own machine. So this was a way to get them out with us.

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

It came down to the Wolverine and Teryx. The price ultimately won us over on the teryx.

Over the last week my wife and I have been doing some heavy research, we found a unit from a dealer in Illinois. They had the best price and financing. They did not have the Cypher green, which was my favorite color. I called many dealers from IL, MO and IA. I was very direct "this is the machine I want, this is the price I desire. Otherwise I will go with another dealer". Everyone I spoke to basically said they couldn't do it. I called Big Motorsports in St Charles MO. I told the saleswoman my expectations, she asked who the dealer I was currently working with. I told her I was working with Holzhauer in IL. The saleswoman responded with "let me talk with my boss and I will call you back". 30 minutes later I get a call back.

The saleswoman states, the dealer I was working with was selling a new old stock 2023 Teryx4 Camo S LE. We do not have a 2023. We have a new 2024. We can match holzhauer on price and financing for the 2024 Teryx4 S LE. If I wanted a different color the price would be more expensive. The Cypher green was $1000 more than the Camo. After some research, the Cypher green (including the other colors) is nothing different, only a color change. I couldn't justify $1000 for just a color that will most likely be damaged or fade with use. We hashed out some numbers and my wife and I scored a 2024 Teryx4 Camo S LE for $15482.50 OTD with our tax exempt for 0 down and 1.9% interest for 36 months. We declined the extended warranty. They wanted $1800 for that.
Congrats

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

Well, congrats!! Hope it works out for y'all. I wish I had friends like you, mine told me to go buy my own damn SXS 🙄😂😂 enjoy!!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Short wheelbase
Comfortable seats for 4
Decent price

Congratulations on the new SxS! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new machine.

advertisement
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Blasphemous as it may be, the Honda Pioneer inherited a sibling today. I am not sure yet if it is a red headed step-child, or the desired brother, maybe a golden child. Time can only tell... Coming home today on the back of the cummins trailer is a 2024 Kawasaki Teryx4 Camo S LE.

View attachment 426422
I had an older Tyrex before my Pioneer, loved it. My brother has the exact same machine you bought, it came factory with Fox suspension, it’s a very comfortable ride, even in the back seat.
Congratulations, enjoy.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you!
So just to take it a step further...food for thought; it sounds like you're buying this as a second machine for others to ride, its not your personal primary ride correct?
That being the case, decent performance, great ride and a very good price point.
I think it makes perfect sense :)

Now if it is your personal primary you are definitely going down a little in performance unless your new model is a 1000cc, in terms of ride comfort the Kawi is way smoother and quieter in my opinion (I am absolutely pro Honda just to be clear). I think you made a great choice.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So just to take it a step further...food for thought; it sounds like you're buying this as a second machine for others to ride, its not your personal primary ride correct?
That being the case, decent performance, great ride and a very good price point.
I think it makes perfect sense :)

Now if it is your personal primary you are definitely going down a little in performance unless your new model is a 1000cc, in terms of ride comfort the Kawi is way smoother and quieter in my opinion (I am absolutely pro Honda just to be clear). I think you made a great choice.
You are correct. The pioneer will be our primary machine. The teryx will be the shared ride. I felt like for a machine to let others use it was perfect.

I agree with your assessment for power vs comfort. I will know more after we ride the teryx around.