2015 P500 2nd to 3rd shift issue?

Elevatedii

Elevatedii

May 5, 2024
NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Doing some work around the property, very minimal driving and low speed. I’ve noticed on two occasions (a few days apart) when I attempt to shift from 2nd to 3rd, it sounds like it attempts to shift but stays in 2nd. Then, I upshift again and works normally. But to add to it today, I reversed into my garage today and upshifted to put the machine in neutral but it stayed in reverse. Tried a few times to no avail. Turned machine off, started it immediately, and it upshifted normally.

I read a clutch adjustment may help so I did that but have not taken it back out since. Hoping that is all, but any idea or similar experience as to what it may be? Thanks 👍🏼

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
If not for the R-to-N issue, I'd say not enough revs going 2nd to 3rd.

Beats me, I can't even spell mekanik...
We used to advise not babying the thing; drive it a bit aggressively... they seem to do better in general, especially when new.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!