Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Changed my main air filter. Dont know WTF happened here? Got the 10-80 pre filter and I clean it regularly. All I can think is before that, i had pro armor snorkel with a frog skin for about 400 miles before the pre 10-80 and we have dusty sandy trails. So got a new one coming tomorrow and we will see.
View attachment 429060
ya mine wasn’t that bad at 3k with the 10-80

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My first filter after the 10-80 kit looked like that when I was using the Dessert Craft filter, after I switched to the oiled Uni I've been on the same filter for 2 years and it's still green. The DC filter doesn't do well on our silt/sand dust UP here, probably the same where you ride Rem
Funny its called desert craft. If its doing this here, imagine how it works in the desert🤣

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Same ones I've been using since I saw HondaBob's snorkel idea, he provided that same UNI number - UP-6300ST. I also have 3 that I keep in rotation.

Long before 10-80 Sports came up with his idea -
1593882114317 png

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same ones I've been using since I saw HondaBob's snorkel idea, he provided that same UNI number - UP-6300ST. I also have 3 that I keep in rotation.

Long before 10-80 Sports came up with his idea -
View attachment 429070
@906UP what oil are you guys using for the filters?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I finally broke down and bought some of this proper foam filter lube. But I don't like it near as much as the plain ole straight 40W I've been using on the dirt bike filters for 50 years. It's too thin and drips on everything before I can get it worked into the foam. I don't like the spray on, way over priced and lots of over spray IMO.

The biggest problem IMO is that the red outer sock dries up and dust doesn't stick to it like regular oil. IOW I can see that plain 40W is grabbing dust but the filter oil doesn't do that, it looks like I forgot to oil the filter. :(

Last edited:
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I finally broke down and bought some of this proper foam filter lube. But I don't like it near as much as the plain ole straight 40W I've been using on the dirt bike filters for 50 years. It's too thin and drips on everything before I can get it worked into the foam. I don't like the spray on, way over priced and lots of over spray IMO.

The biggest problem IMO is that the red outer sock dries up and dust doesn't stick to it like regular oil. IOW I can see that plain 40W is grabbing dust but the filter oil doesn't do that, it looks like I forgot to oil the filter. :(
View attachment 429072
Just as a thought🤔
I wonder if the K&N oil would work on the
10-80 filter? Its kinda the same filter. WhenI used it on K&N’s they stayed sticky for a long time. Plus I have that sock on there. Just a thought.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've been envious of Adam's since take over like 3 years ago. Now rough country has them at an unreasonable but affordable price but I still don't know how to make them fit without being the most likely to smash accessory hanging off a pioneer
Thats why I bought the RC’s much cheeper but still pricy. But i got tired of messing up and or the whips taking a crap every year.
Will see if I was a fool to spend the $$

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@906UP what oil are you guys using for the filters?

I'm w @CID on this one and use straight 30W, the cheap stuff. It always worked back in my racing days and remember.....it's just a pre-filter, I don't get crazy with the oil, just enough to make it damp. I've tried the fancy "air filter" oils in the past, waste of $$ imo.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

View attachment 429072
10W-whatever and a plastic ziploc baggie - priceless……

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington post up a pic of how you mounted your laser lights. I used some lightbar clamps to the rops, not sure I'm liking it.
I will for ya when i get outside in a bit.
I used the RC clamps that swivel. Didnt know if id like them at first but they are robust. Like $25 or somethin

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!