Still waiting for my pioneer 1000 Forest 3. 16 months now. My 2022 order is now a 2023.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So Tesla showed the world that you can make electric go fast (accelerate fast) with ludicrous mode.
Have you heard how honda will screw that up to make there EV slow?
I mean, apart from bold new graphics what else is honda known for?
They are known for stalwart reliabilty. Thats why so many of us accept the mediocrity. To Honda, dependability is performance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for the Welcome. The dealer did explain the request part, not an order. I've been shopping around. it's frustrating because dealers put adds out there with pictures, you call and they don't actually have one in stock. Thanks Again. I will keep searching.
Yes I know. It sucks.
"IN STOCK NOW"... We actually mean it's here but its sold already. lol.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Started looking for a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe in late 2021. Put a *refundable* deposit down at once place. Keep looking (atvtrader.com) and calling. Found one a few weeks later and bought it. Drove 1 hour to pick it up. Got my deposit back from the first place, no questions asked.

Started looking for a 2023 Talon 1000R Live Valve about a month and a half ago. Found it the same day I started looking. Drove 5 hours to pick it up that weekend.

Oh, found a 1000R 4 Live Valve seater that same day I could have bought, too.

There is absolutely NO reason you can't find what you're looking for IF you put some time and effort into looking and calling around. They aren't going to find you.

Putting a "deposit" down on one at one dealership and doing nothing more than waiting for something to materialize is not the way I would go about it.

Good luck with your wait ... err ... search.

Last edited:
advertisement

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not a pioneer but I couldn't find a 4 seat talon anywhere, and any that where somewhat close wanted a 6k markup!

I found a volume dealer near Boise that had one for msrp, put a $500 deposit, drove 9 hours the next day in a snow storm to pick it up.

But yea you gotta work.

S

shipahoy

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Not a pioneer but I couldn't find a 4 seat talon anywhere, and any that where somewhat close wanted a 6k markup!

I found a volume dealer near Boise that had one for msrp, put a $500 deposit, drove 9 hours the next day in a snow storm to pick it up.

But yea you gotta work.

But yea you gotta work.

S

shipahoy

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
I should have put waiting and watching. Been at a 400 mile radius for a year now. 5 and 6 seater Forest no issue. 3 seater many dealers with request in with names on them. Gonna include Trail edition now. Your snow storm trip is what I did last year for my Aluma trailer. Thanks for Reply.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I should have put waiting and watching. Been at a 400 mile radius for a year now. 5 and 6 seater Forest no issue. 3 seater many dealers with request in with names on them. Gonna include Trail edition now. Your snow storm trip is what I did last year for my Aluma trailer. Thanks for Reply.
Couple things. Little forum etiquette. Like i tought my wife, good bedroom etiquette…never point and laugh 😂
Anyway, your close…when you hit “reply” to someones quote, WAIT and SLOWDOWN for the box to appear then type your answer under it. (Like this one) Dont have to hit reply 2 times either theyll see it. 🤣 but they might not see your reply if you later respond in a different box.

Ok, now to your rig. P1K3’s have always been a tuffer one to find, cuz a majority want the P1K5.
Why do you want a 3? Have you ever test drove a P1K5 or even a 3 yo compare? You might like the added roof and seats when its all said and done. I haul Deer in mine. Plenty of room.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@shipahoy
Quick search found a few 3’s (not trails) looks like available here.
the beauty of these is you get them cheeper and dress them up to your liking. Its what we do with any model Pioneers anyway. Looks like they have a new 21’ you can strike a deal on. Id check and make sure thats not a typo tho

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Couple things. Little forum etiquette. Like i tought my wife, good bedroom etiquette…never point and laugh 😂
Anyway, your close…when you hit “reply” to someones quote, WAIT and SLOWDOWN for the box to appear then type your answer under it. (Like this one) Dont have to hit reply 2 times either theyll see it. 🤣 but they might not see your reply if you later respond in a different box.

Ok, now to your rig. P1K3’s have always been a tuffer one to find, cuz a majority want the P1K5.
Why do you want a 3? Have you ever test drove a P1K5 or even a 3 yo compare? You might like the added roof and seats when its all said and done. I haul Deer in mine. Plenty of room.
Thats like trying to convince a guy looking for a truck to look at an suv.
The -5s cost more, are heavier, and are a little slower
The -3s cost less, are lighter, and are a little faster Not to mention better looking 😎

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!