P700 1" lift ?

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I want to get just a little more ground clearance from my Pioneer. I would like to get 1" of lift so I'm wondering how long of a spacer to cut. I'd like to go with more, but it wouldn't fit in the garage door any more. LOL.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
4a96b8ab8e84a0f51d48d5c739ab4164

Here's the spacers I installed, they measure 1-1/8" and gave me exactly 2" of lift. If you cut yours 9/16" that might work out to 1" of lift? Not 100% sure though. Anybody else got any knowledge on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with @jjau06 I was thinking 1/2" and 9/16" is mighty close to the same thing.

If you need to lower it you can sand your spacers down.

Reactions: Superfan75
Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Thanx guys. I was thinking about trying 5/8" so I guess we are all thinking about the same. I figured I would see if someone tried for the same amount of lift. Hopefully I can get it where I want it on the first try.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
You're welcome. FYI, if you've never installed shock spacers before they can be a pain in the rear. I started out using two ratchet straps to pull the springs down and ended up using three straps. If you're just going with 1/2"-5/8" spacers two straps will probably work just fine. Good luck and show us some pics!

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I a actually bought a set of spring compressors from eBay for about $14 with shipping. It should make it not to bad of a job. It might be a while before I get to. I'll wait for some warmer weather before I do, but I'll post some pics when its done. Then it should still fit in the garage door, but not scrape quite as many rocks.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I a actually bought a set of spring compressors from eBay for about $14 with shipping. It should make it not to bad of a job. It might be a while before I get to. I'll wait for some warmer weather before I do, but I'll post some pics when its done. Then it should still fit in the garage door, but not scrape quite as many rocks.

Sounds good. I know it made a difference with mine, along with 27" tires it was like a whole new ride, I didn't draw up near as much when I came across a rock in the middle of the trail.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have a '15 pioneer with a heater and winch , both up front and had the same issue of bouncing off rocks. I wasn't really interested in lifting the front as I was just gaining back a little ride height that I lost with the added weight. Plus I use mine for plowing,not that the plow makes the front end sag real bad the front end could use a little stiffer spring. I cut some 1/2" spacers for the front shock and they helped with all of the above. I didn't measure how much lift 1/2" spacers did but I'd guess around an inch. Can you post a link to the spring compressors you bought, sounds like I need some.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I want to get just a little more ground clearance from my Pioneer. I would like to get 1" of lift so I'm wondering how long of a spacer to cut. I'd like to go with more, but it wouldn't fit in the garage door any more. LOL.

Noticed the mirrors on your 700, been looking for some but didn't want to buy the overly priced Hondas. What kind do you have, where did you buy?

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Noticed the mirrors on your 700, been looking for some but didn't want to buy the overly priced Hondas. What kind do you have, where did you buy?

My mirrors are Joplin and i got them from eBay I think they were about $35. They seem to work pretty good.

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a '15 pioneer with a heater and winch , both up front and had the same issue of bouncing off rocks. I wasn't really interested in lifting the front as I was just gaining back a little ride height that I lost with the added weight. Plus I use mine for plowing,not that the plow makes the front end sag real bad the front end could use a little stiffer spring. I cut some 1/2" spacers for the front shock and they helped with all of the above. I didn't measure how much lift 1/2" spacers did but I'd guess around an inch. Can you post a link to the spring compressors you bought, sounds like I need some.
I don't know how to post the link from eBay , but I got a set of heavy duty coil spring removal tool. The seller is dailydeal9898. It was $5.99 for the compressors and $7 or $8 for shipping if I remember right. I bought them a few months ago. The only thing I might have to do to make them work is cut the hooks off one side. I won't know till I try it. They are made for car springs which are larger, but I think they should work fine. I figured for the price I'd try them. Hope this helps you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!