highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Everyone now knows more of the products I resale and design myself. This thread may bore some people but you'll learn about a few of the milestones that got me to this point.

In the beginning I was born and raised in Southwest Louisiana. On the second day my dad bought a Honda ATC110. That's all it took! Well, not really but kinda.

Rural Louisiana has little to offer kids. We lived 7 miles from outside our little town which also had little. Growing up I loved BMX bikes and Lego. My imagination would run wild with Lego, and I had lots of blocks to create with. I could also draw but it was more geometrically than artistically. My school days were full of the typical jerks from small towns. I didn't have "the name" so I was nobody. Little league baseball was fun but I spent my time in right field until one day I got put on 3rd base for practice. That day the coach wanted to run drills fielding a ground ball and throwing to first base. I could hit the first baseman's glove every time and the coach noticed. He pulled me aside, taught me how to wide up and pitch and that was the only position I ever played after that day. Even with "no name" I got a coach that finally cared about talent over a name.

My mom was a divorced high school English teacher making peanuts in this state. She attended a job fair sometime while I was in the 7th grade and later received an offer from Department of Education on the US territory of Guam. In August of 1987, my mom left Louisiana with me and my younger sister for a place 9000 miles from everything and everyone we knew. I did not like leaving home one bit! But you see my mom grew up an Air Force child so she traveled all over the world for 18 years and I saw much later that she wanted us to have that same chance to see other parts of the world.

Besides being close to nothing but salt water, Guam was a pretty fun place. Who wouldn't want to live in a tropical paradise for 8th-12th grade right? The schools were much better than Louisiana had at that time. The culture exposure was almost an overload. Guam is a melting pot of nationalities so I made friends with Chamorros (the locals people), Filipinos, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, all kinds of people. I learned two valuable lessons in 5 years on that island... 1. The most beautiful girls were there!! and 2. People are basically the same everywhere as long as the government doesn't taint them. Then graduation day came I had to leave some of the best friends of my life behind, knowing that I'd probably never see any of them ever again.

After graduation I moved back to Louisiana and lived with my dad through college, where I studied drafting. I chose drafting over engineering because geometry and physics were the only two math classes that I actually liked and understood. Drafting was a good choice for me. Geometric drawing was easy. It's something I enjoy to this day but also, I've never been unemployed one day since graduating college in December of 1994. More kids shook look into drafting these days but no one really pushes it. It's still a great career choice.

Back to the ACT110. All through my growing up in Louisiana someone close to me had atvs. Several of my family members worked at the local Honda dealership during the 80's, some even raced with factory sponsorship. ATV's were always around and I LOVED them! After college and a job I was able to purchase a brand new 1996 TRX300EX. I've never been without an ATV since. If those had come with odometers I'd live to know how many miles I had on that machine!! Many years of ATV riding led to starting this business. It's one of those hobbies that I never outgrew or got bored with.

I met my wife riding, our girls ride (the boyfriends ride!), my in-laws ride and we have a great time riding trails seeing different places.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I rarely post pics of myself but this is a good one. Me and my father-in-law when we bought our new Talons in Jan. 2020. I got mine first so I got red!! We have a lot of fun riding together.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thought you guys might be interested in some sketches I somehow saved from between 6th and 9th grade of public school. This will give you an idea of how I ended up in the drafting profession way before I even knew what that was. Even back then I was thinking about making things!

Back then I was into BMX freestyle bicycles. Back when (1986-1988) GT, Dyno, Diamondback, Haro, Mongoose were high dollar bikes. I was sketching new frame ideas and suspension ideas before i knew even such a thing even existed.

I would also watch supercross every weekend on ESPN!! That’s when the track sketches started!!! The Mickey Thompson off road stadium series was a favorite of mine too.

So I just thought I’d share these collections with some of my best supporters and customers to kind of prove that I didn’t begin designing my own parts only 2 years ago. This has been a long time coming but the timing was finally right!!

Attachments

• scanned documents.pdf
    276.3 KB · Views: 86
  • scanned documents (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!