P1000 1000-5 SuperATV A-Arms vs Lift vs Tires

C

cjacco

Jan 8, 2021
NJ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all - I have a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Stock A-Arms and Fox Suspension, and stock 27x9R14s in the front and 27x11R14s in the rear. I need more clearance for trails, but I also use this as a utility vehicle around my property. I'm debating the SuperATV offset front and rear A-arms + rhino axles and / or a 1/2/3" lift and / or bigger tires. I want to make sure it's drivable, but I also need some more clearance as I tend to bottom out and smack the skid plate up. How much bigger tires have people gone with the stock wheels and suspension? Will I get more ground clearance just by going with the offset a-arms alone (it's not clear they give you clearance alone), and if so, just go with a-arms and bigger tires? Lifts worth it? I realize with all of the above + 3" lift I can go 30" tires, but I'm concerned if I do that, it won't be great for daily utility usage, and I don't want to swap wheels out every time I go off-roading. If this has been discussed before, please feel free to point me at another thread. Thank you!

Last edited:
H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A arms won't give you any lift unfortunately. You need taller tires (28-29) and a lift kit. I fit 30s with just a lift but the alignment is off and it rubs a bit.

Reactions: Lady01 and cjacco
M

MNRider

Jan 31, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe CFAB makes A Arms that will lift the UTV.

Hi all - I have a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Stock A-Arms and Fox Suspension, and stock 27x9R14s in the front and 27x11R14s in the rear. I need more clearance for trails, but I also use this as a utility vehicle around my property. I'm debating the SuperATV offset front and rear A-arms + rhino axles and / or a 1/2/3" lift and / or bigger tires. I want to make sure it's drivable, but I also need some more clearance as I tend to bottom out and smack the skid plate up. How much bigger tires have people gone with the stock wheels and suspension? Will I get more ground clearance just by going with the offset a-arms alone (it's not clear they give you clearance alone), and if so, just go with a-arms and bigger tires? Lifts worth it? I realize with all of the above + 3" lift I can go 30" tires, but I'm concerned if I do that, it won't be great for daily utility usage, and I don't want to swap wheels out every time I go off-roading. If this has been discussed before, please feel free to point me at another thread. Thank you!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
The best way to do it is always to go with forward A-arms, taller tires, and some shock work. That combo can start to get a little expensive once you get into the shock work. The cheaper and faster way to do it is to go with the tires and lift...and A-arms for more clearance and bigger tires. The lift may or may not stiffen your ride up a bit. Some people feel it, some don't. Really all depends on the end goal, and how big you want to go...and also what you're willing to give up to get there (like ride quality). Forward A-arms and bigger tires will be your best initial investment. If you're wanting bigger tires than that can handle, than adding a lift would be the nest option. UNLESS...you wanna get hardcore and add some portals on top of those forward arms and bigger tires. Sorry to muddy the waters... Lol!

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You cannot add lift to the LE at all without the stock rear axles eventually binding. Even 2.5in WILL cause this no matter what they say. You will have to get custom rear axles that allow more articulation. Turner axles are the only ones I've found that will make an LE axle. They are 650 a piece.

H

HunterCollins1996

Feb 24, 2019
Grapeland Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am running the cfab a arms with 3in lift built in supposedly... I have a 2017 p1000-5 LE. I have not had any issues with axles binding??? More info on this please, don’t want any issues in the future, but I’ve been running this for over a year.

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the highlighter 2.5in bracket lift. Your right rear axle on the LE is shorter than the left. Shorter axle means higher joint angles. Your stock axle is only good for around 23 degrees. The lift makes this angle increase. Long story short I ride rocky trails and use all the articulation it has. On the second ride with the lift the right axle started binding and clicking. When I took the lift off it went away. Side horror story was it caused such stress on the differential that it ruined the bearing. 🤷 just my experience. Expensive lift experience

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For fuc€s sakes this have been covered more times than my dog trying to cover his chit when hes done with it! if yall just use the search you'll have so many answers on this it will make u an alcoholic! 🤨

First things first...welcome to the Form from The still 1/2 locked down State of Michigan. Thank you Strechen Gretchen!

AND....PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! We need to see this rig you speak of to make sure you even have it! U haven't been on since u posted this thread over a month ago soooo.......

Now what @SuperATV said is spot on!
if u indeed have an LE you have fox shocks, and u can per load them to get some lift and keep your geometry in the machine plus the SATV arched arms and still use your stick axels and will be fine. Thats what i did. Mine is 6 yrs old now and i need to get new rear axles from ware and tare. The Rhinos are good axels

T

TimE

Oct 19, 2018
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For fuc€s sakes this have been covered more times than my dog trying to cover his chit when hes done with it! if yall just use the search you'll have so many answers on this it will make u an alcoholic! 🤨

First things first...welcome to the Form from The still 1/2 locked down State of Michigan. Thank you Strechen Gretchen!

AND....PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! We need to see this rig you speak of to make sure you even have it! U haven't been on since u posted this thread over a month ago soooo.......

if u indeed have an LE you have fox shocks, and u can per load them to get some lift and keep your geometry in the machine plus the SATV arched arms and still use your stick axels and will be fine. Thats what i did. Mine is 6 yrs old now and i need to get new rear axles from ware and tare. The Rhinos are good axels
Satv does not make rhino axles that fit the LE.

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
C

camoman1987

Aug 21, 2020
arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the highlighter 2.5in bracket lift. Your right rear axle on the LE is shorter than the left. Shorter axle means higher joint angles. Your stock axle is only good for around 23 degrees. The lift makes this angle increase. Long story short I ride rocky trails and use all the articulation it has. On the second ride with the lift the right axle started binding and clicking. When I took the lift off it went away. Side horror story was it caused such stress on the differential that it ruined the bearing. 🤷 just my experience. Expensive lift experience
I just traded a 2019 that had this issue with out a lift. It had 28x10x14 super atv intimidators on it. I purchased it new that way from dealer looked sharp. Little rubbing on the front crossing ditches at full turn. Yet when I traded the dealer ask me did I know the rear axle was making a noise. I think the axle angle got the bearing on it as well. It was never ridden hard. I think they jacked the fox shocks up to get clearance for the tires resulting in stress on that axle.

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5

LE owners are always so grouchy lol ,

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just traded a 2019 that had this issue with out a lift. It had 28x10x14 super atv intimidators on it. I purchased it new that way from dealer looked sharp. Little rubbing on the front crossing ditches at full turn. Yet when I traded the dealer ask me did I know the rear axle was making a noise. I think the axle angle got the bearing on it as well. It was never ridden hard. I think they jacked the fox shocks up to get clearance for the tires resulting in stress on that axle.
Wwlcome to the forum!
1st post!
what did u trade for?
pics or it didnt happen! :cool:

Reactions: Lady01
C

camoman1987

Aug 21, 2020
arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wwlcome to the forum!
1st post!
what did u trade for?
pics or it didnt happen! :cool:
i loved the look and color of the le but i wanted the diff lock. so i traded. skid plat is ordered 814 shocks ordered. trying to decide on tires do i want to go with what was on the old unit super atv intimdator 28x10x14 x 4 and forward a arms or two inch lift or 28x9x14 and 28x14x11 and not lift for clearance. i cant stand to worry with the rubbing issue. i like the look of the wide tires on the front but they rubbed. I dont think the 28x9x14 will rub like the others did. I am open for suggestions and ideas.

Old unit New unit

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Amen!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!