Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Members,

I need some quick advise. Now the story.
My Sisters 900 XP started making a tink, tink sound a few weeks ago. It sounds like a piece of bailing wire hanging down and bouncing off the drive shaft. She took it in and they found a bent shaft and bad u joint and said it's from hauling too heavy of loads and say the frame needs to be re inforced.:eek::mad:
There is no vibration, just the sound. Now the problem. This all happened just before our big family ride on Sunday. I said just go pick it up and use it.. The dealer says don't use it. Its going to cost $560 to fix it. So the advise i need is. Can she reasonably feel comfortable to use it as there is no vibration? We will not be on any rough trails and she is so anal with this machine the over weight comment is a false accusation.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bring it. You have your Honda. Bring all the necessary ropes and straps to tow it out. What's the worse that could happen?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use it. It cost the same to replace a bent shaft and u joint as it does for the shaft and u joint to be completely broken in half.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Yes we decided to pick it up and use it. Will tow if need:)

Reactions: sharp
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a little update on the Polaris. We brought it home and looked it over as they said it had bad bushings and a bad ujoint and bent drive shaft.

They were referring to the rear stabilizer bushing having a little play. No biggy. The Drive shaft, the one visible looking into the rear driver wheel well has a dent in it like someone struck it with a ball peen hammer causing the shaft to shift over a 1/8 inch or so. They said Polaris owners have added support to the frame to prevent this. They baby the machine, maybe hauled a bag of mulch, yard tools. The only thing we can conclude is this machine was a demo model and this was overlooked last year when sold to my sister.

Have a great Independence day all!

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldnt resist this photo. Not towed for a bad shaft but for a mud packed radiator. Found a park with water and cleard. No other problems. Image

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!