P700 2015 700 tranny noise

R

rababb57

Dec 17, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2015 p700. I have a clicking noise in the tranny. I’ve noticed this after goin from forward to reverse multiple times herding cattle. I know it’s the tranny because I’ve unhooked front and rear drive lines tracking down the noise. I’m just curious if this is common or what you guys may think it is. Thanks in advance Randy.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2015 p700. I have a clicking noise in the tranny. I’ve noticed this after goin from forward to reverse multiple times herding cattle. I know it’s the tranny because I’ve unhooked front and rear drive lines tracking down the noise. I’m just curious if this is common or what you guys may think it is. Thanks in advance Randy.
Can you be a little more specific? How loud? Etc.

Reactions: KeithinLouisiana
K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
My transmission hasn't clicked yet. I also haven't read anything about this yet. There are threads about differential clicking.

R

rababb57

Dec 17, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-2
My transmission hasn't clicked yet. I also haven't read anything about this yet. There are threads about differential clicking.
Yeah I’ve heard the same. Thought it was cv at first and changed one that was on the verge of goin out. Then read about the differential noise so I unhooked the drivelines and the ticking noise was still there!

Reactions: KeithinLouisiana
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is it the tranny or the valves or the exhaust tip? iv never heard the tranny tick. but i have had the other 2 before

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I agree with Alan, especially since the tick gets faster as the machine/engine speeds up. I’d be checking those valves soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!