P700 2016 P7 recent pickup

D

Davis21

Jan 19, 2024
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
recently got a 2016 P7. in pretty good shape, body is clean but a few minor things ill need to fix right off the bat. Seat being one of them. it does have a curtis clearview cab with heater already wired in, windshield is gone so thats been hard to find replacement. Also, with the back glass, i dont think the cab will dump (clearance issues). where would you guys recommend to start when it comes to fluids and filters to make sure im starting with a clean mechanical slate? what areas should i inspect right off the bat? also what mods are a must do vs a luxury? new guy here and look foward to learning as i go!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
As far as fluids nothing wrong with the oil Honda recommends. Alot of people use the Amsoil. Will make it shift smoother and may quieten things down a little. I use shell Rotella for the same reasons and because I use it in everything I own. Been doing it for years. Pick your poison. As far as mods it depends on your expectations and what is important to you and what your intended use is. It will function fine in stock form. Me I dont leave anything stock.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
new guy here and look foward to learning as i go!
The search up top is always a good start.
Alot of questions are answered there cuz as long as the forum had been in existence, a lot of things have been covered. Use multiple word configs to your questions when doing so to help bring the best results.

Reactions: pappyo and Buggyman
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm just getting into the P7 world so follow my posts if it helps you out.

First thing we did was flush the engine with Amsoil Engine Flush, twice, to clean out ingested dirt.

New top end should be completed today.

I know there is some brake work to be done also. They work but don't feel right.

Reactions: pappyo and Buggyman
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from upstate central New York

Many good people and information on the Honda Forum ( & they like Pictures )
Sherif Remi will give you sh-- about that ( he's harmless ) gave you A-Pass with his 1st. Post.

More info.-- from you will help for -- your other Questions
Primary Use & Riding Style
PICTURES & ( more info on Cab )
Year
Miles
Present accessories
Heated full cab -- Nice "Luxurious acc".

Check with local Automotive Glass Co.
Most will cut what you need for decent price ( may want to more than One Quote )

Motor & trans oil -- JSOMA wet clutch oil is a Must
Ft. / Rear diff oil -- 75/140 ( helps lower noise level )
Filter -- Any of name brand mfg.

Financial Drain " Has Begone"

Enjoy New Toy & Make Memories

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!