H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I just posted this on a Pioneer 700 stalling thread. Anything can break and that's why I carry my little Suzuki Motorcycle on my big solo rides. Occasionally there is no phone coverage and waiting a few hours for the guys to find me would SUCK.

My dealer just replaced the fuel pump in my 2019 Talon with 22,896 miles on it. I Never had a problem in all those miles but it was on the recall list. It was in the shop for installing the 4th drive shaft, I had the bearing cups spot welded so I won't have that problem again. I painted a line on the bearing cups on my 2020 Talon and carry a sawzall with a 8 inch blade incase I have a bearing cup come out when I'm way out. I can cut the driveshaft in half through the coolant drain hole in the skid plate and pull the rear section off the sub trans and drive it out in 2WD without the drive shaft banging. Got a few other problems I will get fixed in a week or two as the parts come in. I will do a report at the 23,000 mile report.

Camper3

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Any info or documentation about the recall? I'm not seeing anything on the Honda site.

H

HondaTech

This is popping up on unit information for Talons and 2020 ATVs and Pioneers

Its and extention of the 2019 ATV/Pioneer pump bulletin. They havent officially said anything yet, but we expect them to extend the unit range soon.

To be clear the original bulletin was a Product Update, not a recall. So it will have an end date for the campaign to be completed like the clutch update.

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is popping up on unit information for Talons and 2020 ATVs and Pioneers

Its and extention of the 2019 ATV/Pioneer pump bulletin. They havent officially said anything yet, but we expect them to extend the unit range soon.

To be clear the original bulletin was a Product Update, not a recall. So it will have an end date for the campaign to be completed like the clutch update.
What was the clutch update and how do I get the bulletin numbers?

Reactions: Squeegee
R

Rmdgrd

Supporting Member
Nov 19, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Rode my 2020 talon 1000x last month, and after cleaning it out it up and was final able to to riding this last weekend. Bike states fine, out it in the trailer and went to the woods. Drive it out the trailer, parked it and got loaded up, low and behold it wouldn't crank. Wasn't trying went gas. Checked the fuses,all good, but it appears the fuel pump must have gone out, unless in missing something. Any ideas? Planning to take a day out this week to the it to the dealer.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Any info or documentation about the recall? I'm not seeing anything on the Honda site.
I have a 20 pioneer 500. Heard about a possible recall on 19 and 20 pioneer models. Went on honda site entered vin no recalls. Called dealer gave him vin he said fuel pump recall. Now confused, Called Honda power sports, gave him vin he's said yes fuel pump upgrade. Apparently upgrade notices not sent out, but recalls, will be sent out due to safety concerns. At anyrate my dealer replaced the fuel pump free of charge. Don't know why upgrade notices aren't more available, however, I know you have a talon but if it's the same situation as my pioneer I'd try to phone up the dealer and Honda to see what's up, it worked out for my machiene....... anyway hope you get a new fuel pump. Stranded is no good.

Reactions: Falcon
F

Falcon

Jul 15, 2017
S.C.
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I have a 20 pioneer 500. Heard about a possible recall on 19 and 20 pioneer models. Went on honda site entered vin no recalls. Called dealer gave him vin he said fuel pump recall. Now confused, Called Honda power sports, gave him vin he's said yes fuel pump upgrade. Apparently upgrade notices not sent out, but recalls, will be sent out due to safety concerns. At anyrate my dealer replaced the fuel pump free of charge. Don't know why upgrade notices aren't more available, however, I know you have a talon but if it's the same situation as my pioneer I'd try to phone up the dealer and Honda to see what's up, it worked out for my machiene....... anyway hope you get a new fuel pump. Stranded is no good.
Mine is in shop now replacing fuel pump on 2019 Talon X but I received a notice in the mail stay safe keep riding

Reactions: IDIOT
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Mine is in shop now replacing fuel pump on 2019 Talon X but I received a notice in the mail stay safe keep riding
Yep, me and my buddy both have ours going in this saturday

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!