P700 2020 P 700 transmission problems

joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi guys and gals, I have a 2020 P700 deluxe with 600 miles on it. I have noticed some transmission problems since I bought it new back in May 2020. Factory warranty is up at the end of this month. I bought a trailer so I could trailer it to the closest authorized dealer. The P 700 always needs oil. On occasion driving up slopes it will lose power as if the engine is going to seize. One time it actually stalled why I had to gas pedal to the floor as it lost power. It just lost power and stalled. Also it has smelled like gas since day one. The manager of the certified Honda shop told me when I dropped it off yesterday that he thinks it’s a belt or the transmission itself.🙃 I told the service manager there are no belts, it’s a transmission. He said no there are belts. Now my Honda is at his shop and I don’t have much confidence in his ability to diagnose and repair my machine. The machine has brand new oil brand new air filter brand new spark plugs and has never left our 20 acre farm. It has never been abused except for crossing our river a few times with higher than normal water. The water has never really been above the floorboards. I’m not sure how to handle this now. Has anybody run into this Problem with a P700? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Karl from Massachusetts

joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
PS this machine has never Had ethanol fuel in it! I buy my fuel in New Hampshire. Premium non-ethanol fuel only.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Definitely never an issue with the trans on either Rincon or the P700-4.
We pull a fair amount with ours on a regular/daily basis.
If I use any oil between oil changes I have never been able to tell.
The trans doesn't slip and the engine never has given me any drama.
At 600 miles you should not be burning or leaking anything.
Tell your service guy he is wrong, no belts.
Then immediately find someone else to do your work.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PS this machine has never Had ethanol fuel in it! I buy my fuel in New Hampshire. Premium non-ethanol fuel only.
Don’t sweat the ethanol. I buy plain old 87 for everything (wheelers, mowers, generators, saws, etc) and use an additive called startron. 1oz per 5 gallon gas can is all that’s needed. Been running it for years and never have any fuel issues with anything, even after the mower sits for 8 months during the long New Hampshire fall/winter/spring seasons.

joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don’t sweat the ethanol. I buy plain old 87 for everything (wheelers, mowers, generators, saws, etc) and use an additive called startron. 1oz per 5 gallon gas can is all that’s needed. Been running it for years and never have any fuel issues with anything, even after the mower sits for 8 months during the long New Hampshire fall/winter/spring seasons.
For me,15 minutes too Winchester New Hampshire and I get gas for all my equipment and I treat it with stable gas treatment. The gas treatment is for peace of mind and the ethanol free gas is there and it’s convenient. Where do you buy the startron?

Reactions: Smitty335
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me,15 minutes too Winchester New Hampshire and I get gas for all my equipment and I treat it with stable gas treatment. The gas treatment is for peace of mind and the ethanol free gas is there and it’s convenient. Where do you buy the startron?
It’s available at most auto parts stores, but seems like autozone has the best price on the big bottle. About $14 and it’s good for 250 gallons. Where do you find ethanol free gas in Winchester? That’s my neck of the woods (Keene area) and I had no idea there was ethanol free gas available anywhere on this side of the state.

FC82864F CCD3 48D2 8EDC FAA36140101C

Last edited:
Reactions: joeyaffhy
joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gas station across the street from Gary’s Power equipment and tractor service. About three dollars a gallon. You can also buy it from any airport around where you live.

Reactions: dilligaff82
joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s available at most auto parts stores, but seems like autozone has the best price on the big bottle. About $14 and it’s good for 250 gallons. Where do you find ethanol free gas in Winchester? That’s my neck of the woods (Keene area) and I had no idea there was ethanol free gas available anywhere on this side of the state.

View attachment 270402
You can get ethanol free gas across from Gary’s power equipment at the gas station in the plaza.
You can also get ethanol free gas at any airport. Let me know when there’s a ride in New Hampshire I’d be willing to register my machine and hit the trails. There’s really no trails in Massachusetts that’s worth it.

Reactions: dilligaff82
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get ethanol free gas across from Gary’s power equipment at the gas station in the plaza.
You can also get ethanol free gas at any airport. Let me know when there’s a ride in New Hampshire I’d be willing to register my machine and hit the trails. There’s really no trails in Massachusetts that’s worth it.
good info on the gas, thank you!

Honestly not much better here in NH unless you travel way up north. Most of the trails in the lower half of the state are restricted to 50” machines. I’ve done most of my riding on class 6 roads in my town that don’t require any registration, but the city has been pretty aggressively gating stuff off over the last couple years.

Reactions: joeyaffhy
F

Fishi812

May 19, 2021
IL
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am new to forum looking to buy 2019 700-4 pioneer it revs up when it's idling in neutral when you put it in drive it idles fine is this an issue I should be worried about before buying it

Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes it is an issue, I would wait for more response from the pros.

Moptop

Moptop

Nov 21, 2020
Covington Ga.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My 2021 P 700 idles even when you put it in gear. then when you hit the throttle it goes.

F

Fishi812

May 19, 2021
IL
Ownership

1. 700-4
When trying to drive slow and ease through tight areas put the gas on the clutches and gauge and then you got to let off they disconnect and then you got hit the gas he reconnect it's kind of jumpy is that normal or should it be engaged so you can ease through places

F

Fishi812

May 19, 2021
IL
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have ATVs and never had a side by side don't know how these are supposed to operate or run

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
When trying to drive slow and ease through tight areas put the gas on the clutches and gauge and then you got to let off they disconnect and then you got hit the gas he reconnect it's kind of jumpy is that normal or should it be engaged so you can ease through places
Um...could you clarify that question?

Reactions: Glock21user
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I am new to forum looking to buy 2019 700-4 pioneer it revs up when it's idling in neutral when you put it in drive it idles fine is this an issue I should be worried about before buying it
You will get much better response to your question if you delete it here and start a new thread for your post with a subject line that mentions the issue.

Your post here is hanging all alone in an older thread on a different subject so not many will notice or read it.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!