2020 Talon 1000x

D

danx

Mar 29, 2020
Knoxville,TN
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've looked thru the forums but can't find anything about this problem or maybe not a problem.
As of right now it seems like the transmission holds in lower gear to long, from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th even upwards of 4000 rpm's where it doesn't change into the next higher gear until I throttle it way up. Is this normal?

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Two thoughts - 1. Did they forget they're in sport mode? 2. Use the paddle shifter as you see fit.

Reactions: danx and TimG
H

HondaTech

I cant say that I've ever really paid a attention on a Talon, but sounds about right for a Pioneer.

They and usually shift right after the tach has made the turn onto the flat upper part of the range. If you look at the display that right around 3-4k.

Reactions: danx
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I will typically put mine in manual when we're running easy down the trail otherwise it want's to rev higher to shift.

D

danx

Mar 29, 2020
Knoxville,TN
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the reply's I guess I'm just looking to deep into it. I do use the paddles even in auto mode and the sport mode seems to work great.

Reactions: 906UP and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!