2021 1000-5 for sale

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m coming to the realization that I just don’t use my Honda enough to keep it, hard decision but have decided to put it up for sale. It has just over 500 miles, will verify actual, mainly used in the CO high country.

I’m located in the Kansas City area. Asking $23k. Has many many accessories plus a new Antigravity restart battery.

Pics from a few weeks ago.

0D5FD5F5 14FD 4D2B 992D 114D49DBD338

D219FE0D F24D 416F A329 9D2E13848C10
C7D5A460 B3B6 4285 A3DE 4F2A90A19E37

Last edited:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the build thread, it is in excellent condition but has been in the woods and rocks so it won’t look shiny new.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was wondering, would I be better off parting out most of the accessories and selling it for $18k?

Fox shocks still hard to come by? I could sell the fox shocks, Skid plate, roof, front and rear windows, soft doors, bed extender, a-arms etc, take it back to close to stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was wondering, would I be better off parting out most of the accessories and selling it for $18k?

Fox shocks still hard to come by? I could sell the fox shocks, Skid plate, roof, window, soft doors, bed extender etc.
Only because you’re asking…the machines are available on dealership floors again here locally. They’re sitting for weeks and selling OTD right around MSRP or slightly less. My local dealership said he hasn’t sold one at MSRP plus freight and tax since the end of last year. A year ago they were all sold over MSRP plus freight and tax before they arrived. The market has shifted and seems to continue heading in the buyers direction. Kawi’s and Yami’s can be had for well over 5k off MSRP now.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only because you’re asking…the machines are available on dealership floors again here locally. They’re sitting for weeks and selling OTD right around MSRP or slightly less. My local dealership said he hasn’t sold one at MSRP plus freight and tax since the end of last year. A year ago they were all sold over MSRP plus freight and tax before they arrived. The market has shifted and seems to continue heading in the buyers direction. Kawi’s and Yami’s can be had for well over 5k off MSRP now.
But are you going to keep it stock? Here the dealers are selling the deluxe for $20k plus fees and freight still. But even if you could get one for $14k add on another $6-$8k if you really want it setup with accessories. I think msrp on the deluxe is just under $19k now.

The dealer here offered me $16,500 and that’s if I remove most of the accessories.

I am seeing many polaris and Kawi’s sitting and seeing sales on them, not really Honda’s other then one Talon that has been reduced.

It might be best to part out the accessories and sell it, I see others here have sold well used 2018’s recently for close to $17k. But if one wanted a well built unit this one has most things people would add and then some.

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
But are you going to keep it stock? Here the dealers are selling the deluxe for $20k plus fees and freight still. But even if you could get one for $14k add on another $6-$8k if you really want it setup.

The dealer here offered me $16,500 and that’s if I remove most of the accessories.

I am seeing many polaris and Kawi’s sitting and seeing sales on them, not really Honda’s other then one Talon that has been reduced.

It might be best to part out the accessories and sell it, I see others here have sold well used 2018’s recently for close to $17k.
The market in each state/region varies. The Prez was referring to the OH market. I have seen the prices on both used and new go down consistently each month in MI, OH, and IN. Not as much in MI because we are a pretty stupid state and people (including dealers) think their s*** is worth its weight in gold. The ones with liens on them let the bank take them back and the others get mad that they can't sell them for almost what they paid for them and either don't sell them or get with the program and price them accordingly.

If you got an offer of $16,500 from the dealer minus all of your accessories I would jump on that and sell the accessories separately.

It sounds like your area may be hotter for SxS sales than others and you could get what you are asking if you are willing to wait long enough.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The market in each state/region varies. The Prez was referring to the OH market. I have seen the prices on both used and new go down consistently each month in MI, OH, and IN. Not as much in MI because we are a pretty stupid state and people (including dealers) think their s*** is worth its weight in gold. The ones with liens on them let the bank take them back and the others get mad that they can't sell them for almost what they paid for them and either don't sell them or get with the program and price them accordingly.

If you got an offer of $16,500 from the dealer minus all of your accessories I would jump on that and sell the accessories separately.

It sounds like your area may be hotter for SxS sales than others and you could get what you are asking if you are willing to wait long enough.
Or I let it sit and if it never sells, I’ll still have it around, it is an amazing machine, just wish I had more time to use it, I’d hate to put it back to stock and don’t need to sell, now if I really didn’t like it I could see being frustrated but I also see no reason to give it away.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Or I let it sit and if it never sells, I’ll still have it around, it is an amazing machine, just wish I had more time to use it.
Absolutely. If that is the worst case scenario that ain't all bad 👍

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Absolutely. If that is the worst case scenario that ain't all bad 👍
Really it was the boss and I talking, hey if it doesn’t sell it doesn’t sell even if it only gets used a few times a year. Dang kid sports eat up time.

Only downside to keeping it is I’ll keep thinking about upgrading my camper to a toy hauler.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really it was the boss and I talking, hey if it doesn’t sell it doesn’t sell even if it only gets used a few times a year. Dang kid sports eat up time.

Only downside to keeping it is I’ll keep thinking about upgrading my camper to a toy hauler.
If it makes it any better…the prices on TH’s seem to be coming down and inventories stacking up there too! 🤣. I hope it works out for you either way. I’m certainly not advocating you fire sale your SxS if you don’t have to. I wouldn’t have responded to your for sale thread at all if you hadn’t asked for opinions. I’ll happily remove my response if you like. Best of luck regardless!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it makes it any better…the prices on TH’s seem to be coming down and inventories stacking up there too! 🤣. I hope it works out for you either way. I’m certainly not advocating you fire sale your SxS if you don’t have to. I wouldn’t have responded to your for sale thread at all if you hadn’t asked for opinions. I’ll happily remove my response if you like. Best of luck regardless!
Oh no all opinions are good and appreciated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!