2021Extended Warranty Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe

B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm trying to decide is the extended warranty needed for 60 months. Dealer is offering 60 months for $1,300.00, $1,050. for 48 months, $850.00 for 36 months $750.00 for 24 months this is consider sales price. Regular price is $1,820. 00 60 months, $1,470. for 48 mos. $1,190.00 36 mos. and $1,050. 24 mos. I was thinking 36 months but not sure, do I really need 60 months? I have been reading all the different post a bout Honda being really strict on what they consider under Warranty or abuse of the machine. I am really trying to keep the bottom line in check. I live in Virginia and they tack on $1,372.00 for DMV fees even though they are not Street legal in Va. I should have it sometime in the next week. What do you guys think? any help would be appreciate. Can't wait to get it.

Reactions: ChadD
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never buy extended warranties. They try their best not to honor repairs, so might as well save the money to pay for them yourself.
Pure profit for the dealership is how it was described to me, by a relative who was sales manager at a car dealership.

Reactions: Rincon1 and ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Sorry, No pictures, can't take picture of something I don't have yet, but will post ASAP Thanks
Buford T. Justice didn't actually specify pictures of WHAT, so you could have posted pics of just about anything ... LOL.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I'd be curious about which type of cla8ms were denied.

Is it drivetrain only? Or bumper to bumper? The 1 grand for 5 years sounds not bad to me. You would only have to use it once to pay for itself...

Having said that, other than overheating I haven't seen much on these forums to be worried about. Most of the busted stuff I see on here I am sure would be called abuse.

Reactions: ChadD
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'd be curious about which type of cla8ms were denied.

Is it drivetrain only? Or bumper to bumper? The 1 grand for 5 years sounds not bad to me. You would only have to use it once to pay for itself...

Having said that, other than overheating I haven't seen much on these forums to be worried about. Most of the busted stuff I see on here I am sure would be called abuse.
Actually there’s plenty that fails on these machines. I’ve had a clutch pack and a steering rack replaced under warranty so far. Already recouped the extended warranty cost……

Reactions: BRMRIDER and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!