P700 2022 700-2 e-track and wheel straps length

T

the_buzz_man

Dec 13, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, I am supposedly next on the list at my local dealer for the 2022 Pioneer 700-2. Expecting to be getting it toward the end of this month. I already bought a trailer for it (6.5x12). Now, I am planning on how to strap it down properly. I see that quite a few people state that the best method is to tie down the wheels. I don't want to install the ones with wheel chocks because I will be hauling other items as well. My plan is to get two sections of e-track along with 4 2" ratchet straps for the e-track system.

My question has to do with the length I need for each. I'm thinking 8ft sections of e-track will allow ~10in past the front and rear tire centers. Is that enough to properly tie down all four wheels, or should I be looking at 10ft sections. As for the straps, I'm not planning on changing tires anytime soon, but may down the road at some point. Are 8ft straps long enough or should I go 12ft?

I appreciate any input.

the_buzz_man

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't want to install the ones with wheel chocks because I will be hauling other items as well.
I have those and still haul a $hit ton of material with no issues. But if u want just track, even the chocks for that matter, I know it sucks but If wait till u have the machine in hand so u can have a true mesurement and set them up the way you want it. Cuz once you install them, your kinda stuck. Well you can change the location but the floor is now week where you once had them.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, I am supposedly next on the list at my local dealer for the 2022 Pioneer 700-2. Expecting to be getting it toward the end of this month. I already bought a trailer for it (6.5x12). Now, I am planning on how to strap it down properly. I see that quite a few people state that the best method is to tie down the wheels. I don't want to install the ones with wheel chocks because I will be hauling other items as well. My plan is to get two sections of e-track along with 4 2" ratchet straps for the e-track system.

My question has to do with the length I need for each. I'm thinking 8ft sections of e-track will allow ~10in past the front and rear tire centers. Is that enough to properly tie down all four wheels, or should I be looking at 10ft sections. As for the straps, I'm not planning on changing tires anytime soon, but may down the road at some point. Are 8ft straps long enough or should I go 12ft?

I appreciate any input.

the_buzz_man

I have those and still haul a $hit ton of material with no issues. But if u want just track, even the chocks for that matter, I know it sucks but If wait till u have the machine in hand so u can have a true mesurement and set them up the way you want it. Cuz once you install them, your kinda stuck. Well you can change the location but the floor is now week where you once had them.

I agree with @Remington wait until you have the machine just in case. Strap it down for the ride home and then measure, adjust, measure again and roll with it.

Congrats on getting the ride man!

T

the_buzz_man

Dec 13, 2021
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
My plan is to wait, as both of you suggested, until I have the machine before I mount them. Just wanting to get things ordered to prepare.

Another question, are back plates necessary and if so, how many works you suggest for an 8' and 10' section. I'm thinking 4 on each trail would suffice.

the_buzz_man

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My plan is to wait, as both of you suggested, until I have the machine before I mount them. Just wanting to get things ordered to prepare.

Another question, are back plates necessary and if so, how many works you suggest for an 8' and 10' section. I'm thinking 4 on each trail would suffice.

the_buzz_man
At least the 10' but if ur doing the full rack I'd do the whole trailer front to back so 2-8's and cut to fit

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can get wheel chocks for e track if that is something you are interested in for repeatability.
He said he didn't want them cuz he wants to use the trailer. I told him I can still use mine with them 🤷‍♂️

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He said he didn't want them cuz he wants to use the trailer. I told him I can still use mine with them 🤷‍♂️
I meant these.

They are moveable on the etrack.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I guess I need to see it, but it seems like I wouldn't be able to have a full sheet of plywood lay flat if I permanently mounted chocks.
I do, I just put a few 2x4’s or something equivalent in between to make it level. then again how many times are you hauling a sheet of plywood? You would still sag with the reg E trac bars but just not as bad. If u want to haul that PW flat you would still need something in the middle.

This is an old pic. But u can see at least one of chocks
B4F2006E B248 42DD 8854 0C058C5E1D42

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!