27 inch tires on 700 2

P

pioneer2

Sep 9, 2013
hi i am very intrested in the poineer 700 2 mostly for trail riding and was wondering if the rig would handle a 27 inch tire for more ground clearance, iam running 26 inch bighorns on my rincon with no power loss but if the snow or mud gets real deep i can run it in shift mod and hold a gear i wish they had added that feature to the 700 or at lest a 1.2.3 shift pattern, i run alot of bush trails in northern ontario.still waiting to test drive one ,dealer said late sept early oct

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I too am interested in replacing the stockers and going up to 27's. My dealer seems to think that they would fit fine. If and when I do this, I'll post up some pic's.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I too will be looking into some 27x14 wheels and tires.
I love the big horns but would like to have a 8ply tire as I have punched a few holes in the horns I have.
Anyone ever ran a set of GBC tires. Looking at dirt commander.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
I have gbc gators on my honda 300 fourtrax. They've been great tires. Lots of grip and seem to wear very slow. Never had any holes punched in them either.So I can atleast vouch for the gbc name lol

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Think I'm gonna go 26" and less aggressive... looking at Maxxis Ceros on 14x6 ITP 212 black front and 14x8 rear. My only concern is will the ITP wheels stick out further and decrease steering performance? I think ITP's typically widen the vehicle stance by a few inches but I have not compared the offset to stock.

P

pioneer2

Sep 9, 2013
i really like the look of the sti hd beadlocks and 27x9x12 bighorn 2.0 , you can get them trough a can am dealer not cheap but i like the size or a set of kenda bearpaw htrs same size much cheaper we will see which way i go in oct after a test ride

B

Boltzie42

Sep 16, 2013
I'd go for the Pitbull Rocker in a 26.5 or 25.5 if you don't think the Pioneer has enough engine to turn them. That's my holdback on a Pioneer purchase, why do so many think the Pioneer can't handle a 26" or 27" tire when these have been used on Rhino's for years?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Today I was at the local Honda dealership and I noticed a used BigRed sitting on a trailer. I talked to the owner and inquired about his aftermarket tires. He didn't even know what size he had, but I took a close look and they where 27's. I asked him how he liked them, he said that they were great, right up until the front driver side caught the leading edge of the body plastic and RIPPED it off in a jagged mess.

When my time comes, I may go with 26's.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
I have a set of 27-11 and 28-9 Maxxis Zillas on my 500 foreman. I'm planning on swapping them out. I was hoping I could just switch rim and all just to see if I liked them but the rear rims are different. I've really abused these tires on rocks mud and roots at very low psi with not even the first flat. I actually have checked them in the middle of a ride to find the gauge read absolutely zero. I'm sure there was a little air in them but not much. I'll try to post my findings on clearance and power loss since these tires weighed almost 27 lbs apiece new I think.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
I was looking on another pioneer forum and one of those guys has 28" tires on 14" rims on his P4. Check out this thread. He says he's not had the first bit of scrubbing, not once. And man it looks good

LINK MODERATION PENDING REVIEW.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think when the time comes for new tires I am going with MSA M23 12"wheels and 26" Tires no scrubbing and still have more sidewall to absorb the bumps. I am not racing it so not worried about cornering, I want a smooth ride and to prevent bent/broke rims.

Attachments

• 51WhBfcPSvL.jpg
    51WhBfcPSvL.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 804

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!