P700 3500 pound warn winch question

R

rukstr

Apr 5, 2020
Billings Montana
Ownership

1. 500
I have 3500 pound warn winch from my p500. will this be strong enough for a p700? I don't go get stuck on purpose will need in an emergency. Or should I just sell it and by a 4500 winch?

Reactions: Mudwing
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Pick up a snatch block and a extention and you will be fine.

3000 is a little light. For a simple stuck it will be fine. But if in deep its not going to work.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree. I bought a 4500 to be installed by the dealer when I bought my machine. They installed a 3500 instead. They told me that if the 3500 ever let me down they would replace it free. So far it hasn't. However, I keep a snatch block for tough times.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
just last week I installed a used warn 3,000 on my 700-4. My buddy's ranger full of gear and with 2 people broke down on a local poker run yesterday. I was able to pull him halfway up a steep wet rocky hill climb before loosing traction (no traction). The Warn pulled us both up 2 full unwinds of the winch with no issues even with 4 passengers in my honda...... before a friend hooked my winch cable to his turbo rzr. Both of us pulled the ranger to the top. the winch didn't get hot either. The Warn seemed to not struggle at all. 3000lbs .....Its enough for me... lol

Mud

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and JimmyA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!