P700 700-2 Deluxe Owners

Travis R

Travis R

Sep 26, 2021
Southeast Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone here own a 700-2 Deluxe? How do you like it and have you had any trouble? What accessories do you have? I’m thinking of buying a new one in Camo. I have no need for a 4-seater, the 2-seater will be just fine. It will be a significant upgrade from a 2000 Kawasaki Mule 2510! Pictures of your ride are welcome.
Thanks

Reactions: Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have one.

20200620 191713

Trouble?
Well...the only significant trouble happened starting last spring near the end of the riding season here in AZ. The machine felt like it would lose fire, but would start right back up. This happened 2 times in 2 rides. Then, finally, it stalled and gave a "Christmas tree" on the dash 3 times In about a mile on ride #4 after the initial issue. Then cleared up again and ran fine. The good news with that, is that it gave some direction to go, where as the first 2 were so isolated and quick there really wasn't much info. I replaced the ignition switch, and all has been good for 4 rides now, so I think I got it.

There was a recall for the steering knuckle/bolt that I did myself, but that's just one of those things that happens with a mass produced vehicle.
The one thing with 700's....it's so hit or miss I'm hesitant to mention it...but they have been known to eat a cam. Seems like short trip machines suffer more from this, so give the thing a long ride when you can.

Less serious 700 issues:
Door rattles
Bed rattles
Exhaust squeak at pipe joint.
Rear diff is noisy as hell.
Requires warm up in cold before it will shift normally.
Can get thin on power at high elevations.
The camo will eventually peel

Others will add more...

This is my 2nd 700, the 1st being a 700-4 that I sold with just under 9000 miles with one $2 seal as the only issue. My current one seems to have taken a step back in build quality, and I wonder if it's going to give the same service as that 1st one.

Accessories:
Badlands winch w/kfi mount
Honda soft top
Cheap ass rear view mirror
Rear sunshade
Lots of heat shielding/sound deadening
I'm not big on throwing every accessory I can find at things, as you can see.

I specifically chose the 2 seater this time around. It's cheaper, lighter, and the lack of a rear roof helps sound. The 700 isn't the loudest sxs, but it's by no means quiet. I also think it looks better.
Certainly, if you can get a ride in one, that would be ideal...

Would I buy a 3rd?
Honestly...I dunno. Machines like the Wolverine X2 or Hondas own 1000 are serious competitors. The 700 has moments where it's so special that its a shame some of its shortcomings can spoil the party. I guess it depends on when you ask me, but I do wonder what life is like on the other side.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have one and have had not one of the issues most people mention. I've had it for 3 trouble free years. As far as accessories it got everything from a winch to rock lights and then some. I've enjoyed it alot but I'm considering sending it down the road next year and purchasing a Talon.

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have one that I purchased new this year and it was delivered in March, 2021. So far so good but again, I've only had it 8 months. I can tell you that I wish I would have bought one sooner than I did and I'm looking forward to pushing the snow around. Pictures from the day it was delivered.

IMG 6679 IMG 6682

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm 19 months into my 700-2 Deluxe ownership. Close to 3000 miles. No significant problems thus far. I've had both the fuel pump recall and steering knuckle recall changed without issues. I do have a tiny leak around a rear output seal (not sure what it's called) and have the $2 seal to replace it but will probably wait until after deer season.

For 16 months of its life its been a river bottom gravel and dirt road princess for evening rides after work. 3 months it spent traveling the country to a few different deer camps and is being loaded up again here in a couple weeks. So far it has done everything I've asked and more.

I have added LED headlamps, front and rear LED lights, rearview mirror, windshield and roof, 27" all terrains. Also summer time I have a ShyBull canvas sunshade.

The only issue I have is how loud it is when it's ready to change gears and of course when it's ready to change from 3rd to 4th there is no 4th so it just screams. But I do 95% of my riding below 25 so it's tolerable. During the summer months I take off the roof and half windshield which helps greatly with the noise.

Only reason I keep considering another machine is because I may have decided I want more seats. If I do then it will probably be a 1000.

BTW...I love photos and probably take too many 😂😂😂
20210530 193947
20210918 150755
20201019 141248
20201026 080855
20201030 131140

N

n3v3rl8

Jul 28, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2

This is my 2016, I love it. It has the roof and windshield and floor and bed mats but thats it. I have had to replace the battery after the first year. I do my own maintenance which thus far has involved only oil changes and checking valve clearances, it's yet to need any actual valve adjustment yet. I've logged a few thousand miles on it and use it every week either running around the property or pulling a small trailer after every storm collecting tree limbs and such. Great machine. My only complaint is when the cooling fan kicks on the heat from the motor comes up your backside on the seat. I know many people have various fixes for it, I just haven't done anything about it yet. The heat is nice when playing in the snow, just less than ideal in the summer. It stays outside, no rust or issues other than the plastic red panels are starting to fade. I bought new replacement plastics for a couple hundred bucks and will change them out when it gets bad enough to bother me. This thing is so tough and will go anywhere...I rarely have to use 4x4 on it. Doesn't use hardly any fuel at all even after a full day of play it has 1/4 of a tank left in it. Unlike the mule or many others, it has an actual geared transmission which is why I purchased this. Rubber band transmissions don't belong on these types of toys in my opinion. It's light on a trailer so it travels super easy. I plan on using this until it's completely shot but I'm thinking based on what I have experienced that could be probably 20 years or more.

S

Spartan 700

Jun 23, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2017 that I had to replace the battery this year, all my fault as I did not put it on a trickle charger and did not use it over the winter months. I just put on a #3500 Kolpin winch and have anew 6' plow so it will be pushing snow this winter in Michigan. I have a full windshield and hard top and will most likely get the door too. It has been a great machine and I use it hauling wood and other things around my place. I've taken it on the trails riding with my buddies and they have 4 wheelers so it can be a little crazy at times keeping up with those guys but hey, I'm and old guy that just likes being outdoors and what better way to spend it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2017 that I had to replace the battery this year, all my fault as I did not put it on a trickle charger and did not use it over the winter months. I just put on a #3500 Kolpin winch and have anew 6' plow so it will be pushing snow this winter in Michigan. I have a full windshield and hard top and will most likely get the door too. It has been a great machine and I use it hauling wood and other things around my place. I've taken it on the trails riding with my buddies and they have 4 wheelers so it can be a little crazy at times keeping up with those guys but hey, I'm and old guy that just likes being outdoors and what better way to spend it.
Sorry to cut in in this thread as I dont have a P7 the pics all look great BTW

Welcome Fellow Michigander Sparty lol I assume your for MSU?
Got pics?

C

craig pettipas

Apr 28, 2015
im interested in knowing what plow your using, make and model please-

S

Spartan 700

Jun 23, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry to cut in in this thread as I dont have a P7 the pics all look great BTW

Welcome Fellow Michigander Sparty lol I assume your for MSU?
Got pics?
Thanks Remington, new to the site and have enjoyed all the input and knowledge that everybody has on here. I am a Sparty fan, 5-0, go green. I have some pics I will upload when my phone starts to cooperate. What are you driving?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks Remington, new to the site and have enjoyed all the input and knowledge that everybody has on here. I am a Sparty fan, 5-0, go green. I have some pics I will upload when my phone starts to cooperate. What are you driving?
Haha im a Wolverine 5-0 Go Blue!
grew up a few blocks from the big house. My best friend went to MSU My wife works at the UofM medical center. Although I like MSU for my Dogs. There vet school is the best.
I have a P1K5 and Talon 100X

• Love
Reactions: toddvdh
C

craig pettipas

Apr 28, 2015
I bought the 60" Open Trail by KFI, straight steel blade
what mounting system are you using, looking to leave mount on all summer and not loose much clearance, or having to take off everytime for oil changes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!