BOX1

P700 700-4 Fender Flares

L

Lassie_21

Oct 16, 2020
minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm looking to purchase some fender flares for my 700-4. I have seen a lot of posts about the mud buster flares, OEM front flares and also custom made flares. I'm curious if anyone has purchased or knows anything about the UTVDirect flares. I don't know the actual manufacturer but they don't have a picture of them installed on the machine. I contacted UTVdirect and they said the manufacturer did not provide installed photos but he said they have sold several hundred pairs. From what i have read here it seems most who have bought the mud busters say they work great.

Honda Pioneer 700-4 Fender Flares (SET 4)

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reactions: Backwoods
Booey424

Booey424

Apr 17, 2020
New Haven, WV
Ownership

1. 700-4
mudbusters use self tapping screws
Those would probably be better then drilling holes and getting the push pins to go through the flare and fender
I had a little trouble on the front of the passenger side flare getting the last push pin to line up.

Visual

Visual

Nov 16, 2020
Great Lake State
Ownership

1. 700-4
New 2021 P700-4 owner here. I went with the OEM Honda flares as well, couldn't be happier. They use the factory style/automotive pushpins as others mentioned. I think took me a full 10 minutes total for both sides. Very easy straight forward install.

Lined up the flares so they fit flush against inside molded plastic, marked the holes with a sharpie, drilled 1 hole and mounted up the flare and verified all holes were aligned properly before continuing to drill. Removed the flare and drilled out remaining holes. Once all holes were drilled I then mounted the front of the flare first as the pin must pass through the flare and existing plastic components. I then installed the remaining pushpins without issue.

Not sure what cost difference between the two products you're considering, but I was pleased with build quality, as well as fit and finish of the Honda $99 flares.

Reactions: Mudwing
L

Lassie_21

Oct 16, 2020
minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do like the factory look of the OEM flares. i think thats the route i am going to go in the front and for the rear either get the mudbusters or try to make my own with some 1/8" HDPE sheeting. Thanks everyone for responses and opinions!

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!