P700 700-P2 roll cage chop?

S

shastaboat

Nov 19, 2016
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a dilemma. I am interested in buying a P-2. My toy hauler is a 2003 and is limited by the rear raised queen bed to 72" height. I contemplated trying to raise the bed but the wall support mount area was not built to allow remounting the bed support locations. It's OK for ATV's but a bit short for UTV's. The p-2 roll cage raises in the back to about 75" but the p-4 cage is shorter and more flat horizontal. I'm only 5'10" tall and there is ample head room on either to chop the roll cage to accommodate me to 71". The front roll cage from the p-4 would be simpler chop of about 2". Has anyone done a similar roll cage chop?

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a dilemma. I am interested in buying a P-2. My toy hauler is a 2003 and is limited by the rear raised queen bed to 72" height. I contemplated trying to raise the bed but the wall support mount area was not built to allow remounting the bed support locations. It's OK for ATV's but a bit short for UTV's. The p-2 roll cage raises in the back to about 75" but the p-4 cage is shorter and more flat horizontal. I'm only 5'10" tall and there is ample head room on either to chop the roll cage to accommodate me to 71". The front roll cage from the p-4 would be simpler chop of about 2". Has anyone done a similar roll cage chop?
I have not done one but would like to see one .

S

shastaboat

Nov 19, 2016
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The more I think about it, the more I'm contemplating a quick pin release on the front bars and a fold back roll cage to flip back over the rear bed. It will be more expensive than a simple chop job but will still allow ample head room.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!