P700 700 with tracks and deep snow

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I own a pioneer 1000 and never been on a 700 let alone with tracks and deep snow. Buddy of mine took me trapping in his. That 700 really has to work hard on those conditions. Seems like to me. Anyone have problems keeping the 700 running long term
2 guys almost 400 pounds, tracks, deep snow, trapping gear seems like too much

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Had : Camso T4S UTV Tracks on 2014 P700-4 EPS </> "Without Paddle Shift" </> when I owned it. ( Adirondack Mts. Usage )
Slow & Steady just kept on going.
2/3 ft. Snow definately working it to max onsteep grades ( paddle shift option would be better )
ONE time breaking trail 2+ft. Fresh snow
Navagateing around a Narrow Bridge required Fording frozen creekbed </> Backup & Make 2nd & 3rd. Pass to get out.

Now have the Same : Camso T4S UTV Tracks on 2018 P500. EPS
Advantages :: Shiftable Gear Driven Transmission </> Less Weight Floats Better in Deep Snow / Narrower / Shorter / Steers & Maneuvers Easier.

HUGE Improvement over <>NON <>Paddle shift 2014 P700

Both P700/ P500: top speed With Tracks hover around 18/ 22 mph. ( condition of Snow Does Matter )

Read my previous Post below: Best Describes Small Utv on tracks Capability
Nice late Saturday afternoon ride changed quick.

Riding partner on Skido & I on P500 EPS with tracks 15 miles back in woods pulled into a clearing about 4pm.
Chatted & enjoying the sights he decided to take the long way back 12 MILE circle , I'll go back the way we came & start dinner.
He left started my P500 touched the accelerator ( nightmare ) instantly the front of the machine dropped about 5ft..40 degree angle down, back tacks barely sticking out of the hole.
Alone setting in the cab in the seat with the snow up to my shoulders just to get out of the cab is going be a problem.
I've had sleds stuck this bad wasn't fun getting them out.
With tracks on it weights about 1500lbs.+ or - always hopped this would never happen but new it could.
What to do & not make a bad situation worse?
WINCH is on the front at the bottom of a 5ft. Hole in a clearing.( not much help )
Try to back out???
Dig out of the cab with my hands crawl out a window? I carry a shovel it's in the back.( now a 3 piece emergency shovel is in the cab )
When riding partner gets back to camp he'll come looking. Ahh help. Going to be dark by then.
Just sat there for a few minutes perplexed contemplating my next move.
If I could try to rock back & forth maybe the back would settle a down little pack down help level off. Yep that's it. ( doesn't work get up early tomorrow dig it out )
Low range 1st. Gear with both front tracks having traction ( TorQ Locker ) both rear tracks have traction Honda locked rear this could work.
Be careful do not spin the tracks ( don't want to high center & add to the problem.
Start the (Little Red B!TCH ) 1st gear low range ready set try : Next thing I know I'm looking at the Sky at about 40 degree angle still in the 5ft. Hole with rear tracks at the bottom. ( at least the winch is useable )
That worked try again sure enough never strained just popped out of that hole as if only a bump in the trail. ( never spun a track or got out of the cab )
The bad no one around to document with pictures. Was not going back for 2nds.
I did get out to look at a P500 Hole.
Impressive what these little machines can do when the need arises.

Convinced Without TorQ Locker it would have been Nightmare & at least 1/2 day recovery.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Power hungry tasks are not the 700's forte.
The three speed auto is both the 700's best attribute, and it's worst downfall. It allows sloppy driving habits and is more idiot proof than any other sxs (except the big red, which has the same powerplant). It also starts to run out of steam due to tallish gearing and NO LOW RANGE, esp at higher elevations.
A low range would be a game changer for the 700, yet it soldiers on and on...and on. But hey, it's now got a nice glove box and set of gauges!

B

bartruff

Oct 2, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. Big Red
I had a Big Red with tracks and a blade.....drove it for years and several thousand miles in the Cascades at elevations to 7000' and all snow conditions .....never had a problem....I will now equip a 700 the same and expect the same results.....I am out there to clear snow or to see the sights....not interested in speed or going off road.....

Reactions: pappyo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!