84 big red runs but won't move

P

Petersons05

Jun 6, 2014
I was pulling an I beam grading my driveway with my 84 Big Red 200 and it was running and shifting fine. I stopped for a second, put it in neutral, then when I put it back in gear to go it wouldn't go it just made a clicking/grinding kinda noise. The motor sounds fine, the noise sounds like it's coming from behind the engine. Any ideas what could be the problem and how much it would cost to fix it.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
sounds like the centrifical clutch basket may be worn not really sure will it shift into gear with the engine shut off rocking it back and forth i have never saw a driveshaft or rear end fail on those

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!