A different way to secure a spare and jack.

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wanted to carry the spare 31x9.5 as low and far back as possible. I have the stock cage and did not care for all the mounts I had seen until I found the Pro Armor UTV jack and hold down set up. I replaced the webbing it came with with wider webbing and also changed the tie down points instead of the hook system it came with. Holds the tire very firm in the bed and the platform make the scissor jack very stable on relatively flat ground. (I am in the desert southwest) There is room in the back corners of the bed for my tool roll and a tow strap and I can strap my soft cooler to the platform behind the jack. I have not tested in the desert yet, just too damn hot. Just thought I would share the option....

IMG 8627 IMG 8631 IMG 8632 IMG 8633

Z

zootz

Nov 25, 2021
Payson, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks for the info! Did you put anything below the tire? My Talon has a lip at the back edge of the bed that is about 1.75” above the bed floor, I don’t think that it would be ok to have the tire+wheel weight on that lip. I’m thinking of adding some material below the tire on the bed floor to raise the tire above the lip.

Reactions: Lady01 and TimG
Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info! Did you put anything below the tire? My Talon has a lip at the back edge of the bed that is about 1.75” above the bed floor, I don’t think that it would be ok to have the tire+wheel weight on that lip. I’m thinking of adding some material below the tire on the bed floor to raise the tire above the lip.
Yes, I will take a pic tomorrow to show what I did for a quick fix.

Reactions: Lady01 and TimG
Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought this rubber mat from Home Depot and cut it to fit the bed. I took the remaining piece and wrapped a scrap 2X6. The 2X6 raises the rear of the tire to level it in the bad and the rubber protects the air box cover. Also the two pieces together really lock down the spare when the straps are tightened. It does not budge. As for the straps, I did upgrade them to 1.5” straps from Amazon (it comes with cheesy 1" straps) and I can't remember if the tie down loops came with it or not.

IMG 9263 IMG 9264 IMG 9265 IMG 9268 IMG 9269 IMG 9270

Last edited:
Reactions: JenElio and CID
Z

zootz

Nov 25, 2021
Payson, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Thanks again, good info. I’m going to order the Pro Armor QuickShot Universal Spare Tire and Accessory Mount.
It looks like the tie down loops came with the set, from looking at the pictures on their web site. I had a spare tire cage mount from SuperATV that broke with only 1300 miles of driving, I didn’t like having the spare that high up. I can also take my current jack off the roll cage, and move the extinguisher from the roll cage to the accessory mount. Cool beans!

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks again, good info. I’m going to order the Pro Armor QuickShot Universal Spare Tire and Accessory Mount.
It looks like the tie down loops came with the set, from looking at the pictures on their web site. I had a spare tire cage mount from SuperATV that broke with only 1300 miles of driving, I didn’t like having the spare that high up. I can also take my current jack off the roll cage, and move the extinguisher from the roll cage to the accessory mount. Cool beans!
The straps were actually 1.5” wide. Link here, I bought four. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756Q63MJ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!