P1000m5 Added a winch to help load bed. Mainly deer.

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is what I came up with. Piece of aluminum angle and mounted it where the rear seat belt brackets are. Welded up a hawse fairlead to some roll bar clamps amd mounted it on the rear horizontal of the roll bar. It allows me to hoist a deer up and just push them in the bed. It also doesn't get in the way of dumping the bed if needed.

Screenshot 20231019 075633 Gallery

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the same thing to mine, for the same reason. It also will work to raise the bed if loaded too heavy to manually dump as long as it isn't loaded to the max

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you guys run the power to the winch permanently? Since the wire has to be large enough to handle the current, I'd be inclined to install a high current rated plug at the winch and below the instrument panel, then use welding cable for the "jumper" between the two points.

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you guys run the power to the winch permanently? Since the wire has to be large enough to handle the current, I'd be inclined to install a high current rated plug at the winch and below the instrument panel, then use welding cable for the "jumper" between the two points.
I ran 2c/6awg (2 conductor 6awg) to it and put a quick connect plug on the aluminum angle so I could disconnect it from the pigtail feeding the winch and solenoid setup. Basically made it modular for removal. I put a pic in for the connectors. The 2500lb winch comes factory with 10 awg wire and the manual says at 1000lbs the amp draw will be 55 amps. So all things being what they are. Bed capacity is 1000 lbs so a 50 amp plug will be more than enough, plus I don't really wanna hang 1000 lbs off of my roll cage as a lifting point either.