SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I think F350 coil springs would make my Talon ride better. I’m going with Shock Therapy springs and valving. I was going to order just the spring kit and have decided to try and hold out until winter and send them in for a complete rework.

would love to hear from those that have done mods

Reactions: BWAF
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Shock Therapy has both springs and revalving available for the Talon and has established themselves as a quality product. I intended to be in Arizona right now and had planned on having them do both, then the world blew up. :oops:

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You can also raise your cross over rings, up to 25 turns IIRC and it's supposed to help soften the harshness. If you go the full 25 turns, wrap a couple of zip ties around random tender spring coils. If the zip ties get pinched and break you went too far and are coil binding. Springs don't like that. :(

G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does Shock Therapy really make the ride improve that much? The wife and I are in our early 60's we ride at a good pace when riding with the kids and a slower pace when with some older friends not afraid to spend the retirement I want the best ride possible. I have 3,700 miles and feel like I am getting beat up more than I should. Thank You for your input

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does Shock Therapy really make the ride improve that much? The wife and I are in our early 60's we ride at a good pace when riding with the kids and a slower pace when with some older friends not afraid to spend the retirement I want the best ride possible. I have 3,700 miles and feel like I am getting beat up more than I should. Thank You for your input
I just retired from off road motorcycling (at 72) and have always ridden stock suspensions until recently. OMG!!! the improvement is worth far more than money, especially for our less than toned bodies. If Shock Therapy can do half what the aftermarket did for the motorcycle (not ST btw), it'll be worth twice what they're asking. HOWEVER, I'm new to SxSs, this Talon is my first side by so I can only go by ST's internet reputation. Their ride improvement package (or something similar) includes springs and revalving for just under $1500. Since I paid just under $1000 for two wheels on the bike, $1500 for 4 wheels seems fair - again, assuming a similar improvement.

I'm under the impression ST asks a lot of questions and tunes the suspension to your specific needs, so tell 'em yer older and slower and looking for more plushness than high speed capability. Give them a call, if they're open, they'll have more answers than I do.

Note that I have no exposure to ST, just their online reputation, nothing else. There may also be other vendors that I'm not aware of.

Last edited:
M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I just retired from off road motorcycling (at 72) and have always ridden stock suspensions until recently. OMG!!! the improvement is worth far more than money, especially for our less than toned bodies. If Shock Therapy can do half what the aftermarket did for the motorcycle (not ST btw), it'll be worth twice what they're asking. HOWEVER, I'm new to SxSs, this Talon is my first side by so I can only go by ST's internet reputation. Their ride improvement package (or something similar) includes springs and revalving for just under $1500. Since I paid just under $1000 for two wheels on the bike, $1500 for 4 wheels seems fair - again, assuming a similar improvement.

I'm under the impression ST asks a lot of questions and tunes the suspension to your specific needs, so tell 'em yer older and slower and looking for more plushness than high speed capability. Give them a call, if they're open, they'll have more answers than I do.

Note that I have no exposure to ST, just their online rep, nothing else. There may also be other vendors that I'm not aware of.
I put the shock Therapy spring kit on my Talon 1000X. I did not get the shocks re-valved. The trail systems aren't open yet in Vermont but have done some local riding. It definitely made a big improvement in the chop and small bumps. Can't comment yet what effect it will have on large bumps at high speed. I think it leaned a little more when making hard turns on the lawn but I don't think will be an issue on our trails. Can't wait for the trails to open so I can give the springs and turbo a good workout.

Reactions: CID
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
if you do a search, I think Jason D did the All Things UTV tender springs. It is probably not near as effective as ST kit, but at a much lower cost. Depends if just looking to improve low speed ride, or all types of handling. I agree with others that you probably need to do shocks to match spring changes if going for Max improvement. I have installed the Tender springs only, but have not had chance to ride yet.

Reactions: IDIOT
G

Greeny

Sep 4, 2019
Colville Wa 99114
Ownership

1. Talon R
Your right it's a old guy thing! I was happy with with the way it handles the larger bumps at a high speed the chop and small bumbs needs improvement, I have a poping noise at slower speeds had a shop in yuma adjust the cross over rings that didn't help so I have decided to try aftermarket springs or setup I appreciate all of the input.

D

dankathyc

Feb 6, 2019
hurricane ut
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I dont believe springs will fix the rebound problem, so I went with a revalve from fineline suspension in st George ut. 7000 miles later, I'm still very happy with it. I wouldn't want to package and pay the freight to send them out just to get them back and realize it wasn't really what I wanted and have to do it again. Any reputable shop will guarantee their valving and work with you until you are happy.[within reason I expect] remember that they can ask all the right questions on a order form, but this is all very subjective to opinions and interpretations. I'm not very familiar with colville, but there has to be a reputable shop in Spokane for sure. If not, sounds like your riding style and ours are a lot the same- come on down to st George. After a revalve or what ever you decide, we can do a 100-125 miles a day for lot's of days and not run out of new places to go. If I recall correctly the revalve was about 800, but it's been a year, my memory isn't what it was

B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hated the stock ride. Way too stiff. Tried the Ebach spring kit, Better but not enough. Changed out their 250 #/in on the rear for 200 #/in. A little better but not enough. Brought it to shock Therapy for springs and valving. Really happy with the ride now. Different springs help but I really think the big improvement comes with the revalving.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!