Air box jam UPDATE

T

Toroman

Mar 3, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so here is a question.
Today I was working on a dual battery set up in my PK5 and removed the plastic air box so I can maneuver a bit better. I thought to myself o should our a rag in this hole so in case I drop something it doesn’t go inside. So I did.
Then I proceded to work on my wiring and forgot all about it.
Bet you know what happened next right…
…. Went to start machine to make sure it was all good to go and it was, until I realized that the rag I had placed to cover the vent hole was gone ! 😬
So now I have to figure out how to take the rag out the vent.
So far I removed both plastic elbows and I was planning on running a “plumbers snake” down the hole to push it thru the opposite side.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
It was one of those “Oh s%#$” moments.
I swear get one thing figured out and have to figure out 5 more 😅
Thanks in advance for any input.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club.
$20 bucks say it's in the air box. no need to be taking all the tubbing apart.
But the air filter is a PITA as well. I cant say it is easier or worst then what you have done so far. lol.

The good news is you don't need to be concerned currently. No way it can get into the motor.

For my first snorkel, I put the pre-filter square in the tube thinking it would work.
It sucked it in as well.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, so here is a question.
Today I was working on a dual battery set up in my PK5 and removed the plastic air box so I can maneuver a bit better. I thought to myself o should our a rag in this hole so in case I drop something it doesn’t go inside. So I did.
Then I proceded to work on my wiring and forgot all about it.
Bet you know what happened next right…
…. Went to start machine to make sure it was all good to go and it was, until I realized that the rag I had placed to cover the vent hole was gone ! 😬
So now I have to figure out how to take the rag out the vent.
So far I removed both plastic elbows and I was planning on running a “plumbers snake” down the hole to push it thru the opposite side. and have them blast the rag out
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
It was one of those “Oh s%#$” moments.
I swear get one thing figured out and have to figure out 5 more 😅
Thanks in advance for any input.
Can you take the duct that's got the rag in it to a tire shop and have them blast the rag out with a tractor tire bead seater?

T

Toroman

Mar 3, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club.
$20 bucks say it's in the air box. no need to be taking all the tubbing apart.
But the air filter is a PITA as well. I cant say it is easier or worst then what you have done so far. lol.

The good news is you don't need to be concerned currently. No way it can get into the motor.

For my first snorkel, I put the pre-filter square in the tube thinking it would work.
It sucked it in as well.
I guess perfect time to change the air filter, in fact I just got one delivered last week since I was performing yearly maintenance on the machine.

T

Toroman

Mar 3, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I got the rag out.
For anyone that runs it to the same problem. This is how I fished it out.
I had some 1/2 electrical soft conduit (gray in color) and snaked it in from the air box towards the front hood vent. Once at the last bend where the elbow connects I was able to use a small pair of needle nose pliers to grab it. Won’t be doing that again !

1CF7EBBE 695F 4715 AF0A F076D7254FE2 67C36EF0 72C6 4381 B8F2 FE6E20CF4AB6 089E8053 3953 4B2D A00F 334D9EC4699C

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!