highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've ordered a few of these air filters to check out. They appear to be OEM spec celulose air filters with new gaskets and will fit all Talon models through 2021.

Honda has a new 2022 part number for the air filter but the air box has part number has not changed. I don't know what the air filter difference is.

If these air filters look good then I'll put them on the website for sale possibly with a bulk discount for those who may want to keep several on hand. I was only able to find one acurate photo of the product and it looks exactly like OEM. These will have a considerable savings over the Honda branded filters.

Also, I ordered a pair of All Balls u-joints for the Talon prop shaft. The prop shaft part number has not changed though 2022. This order is mainly for my machine if I have a failure but if they look like good parts, then I'll put those on the website also.

H

HondaTech

I've ordered a few of these air filters to check out. They appear to be OEM spec celulose air filters with new gaskets and will fit all Talon models through 2021.

Honda has a new 2022 part number for the air filter but the air box has part number has not changed. I don't know what the air filter difference is.

If these air filters look good then I'll put them on the website for sale possibly with a bulk discount for those who may want to keep several on hand. I was only able to find one acurate photo of the product and it looks exactly like OEM. These will have a considerable savings over the Honda branded filters.

Also, I ordered a pair of All Balls u-joints for the Talon prop shaft. The prop shaft part number has not changed though 2022. This order is mainly for my machine if I have a failure but if they look like good parts, then I'll put those on the website also.

The part number difference is the captured bolts.

Honda got rid of the bolt/collar combo and made it a collared bolt for 2022. Since the air filter has 3 of these included it necessitated a new part number.

They are discontinuing the bolt/collars

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What about the filter they make that can be blown out with air to clean and washable it needed to? I'm interested. I know it's double in price but may not have to buy one for a long time.

OR10557 R2C Extreme Series Air Filter Kit 2016-21 Honda Pioneer 1000​

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What about the filter they make that can be blown out with air to clean and washable it needed to? I'm interested. I know it's double in price but may not have to buy one for a long time.

These are good filters. The first gen talon filters had substandard urethane and if severely loaded with dirt they would fail. The second gen uses the same urethane and this 557 filter. R2C filter media is very good but the company is difficult to work with. They got me started and I appreciate that but man, they were difficult. Last summer was the end for me. They weren’t shipping, didn’t answer emails about orders not shipping. Frustrating to say the least. And they had a fire which they told no dealers about so everyone with orders was simply out of luck for about 2 months.

H

HondaTech

I wouldn't run R2C s*** if it was sponsored.

The last 3 Talons that had their filters were dirty on the clean side, one the IACV had gotten dirty enough to stop working.

Reactions: Tramguage1
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!