Ammo Can Modification

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to the forum, but thought I might pass on a little mod that I think should work out really well. We've had the new '15 Pioneer for a couple of months now, and one of my biggest complaints about it was the lack of storage. I struck out finding the Walmart box for under the hood and haven't looked for the one from Home Depot. I performed my first oil change a couple of weeks ago, and was shocked at the amount of empty space by the oil fill cap. Looking around for a while, I think I have come up with a pretty good storage bin to fill that spot. I took a 20mm Ammo can, removed the lid and added a metal strip between the frame rails for some support, and it fits perfectly in this space. I had to place the oil fill on the other side, but I think I will be pretty pleased with the results. Lots of storage space and not such a big eye sore under the seat.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will see if I can get some pics. Me and the family went out for a 50 mile ride yesterday after the install, and was very pleased with the way it worked. I was a little nervous about it getting pretty hot so close to the exhaust, but it was just mildly warm to the touch. I need to come up with a lid, maybe a piece of rubber like the flaps under the seat, but with everything in storage bags nothing rattled or got hot. I found some smaller ammo cans, but the 20mm was the perfect size. Here is a link to some on sale with the dimensions:
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/amm ... -good.html

Like I said overly pleased, and still have a lot of room to put other items in it. My wife even said she was more confident going on a long ride with the extra items in it. Thanks

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to adjusting my valves on our "Riggo", so I thought I would take the opportunity with the panels off to get a few pics of my mod. Like I said I am very pleased with the addition and still have a lot of room for more "emergency" stuff (tow rope, first aid kit, tool kit, etc.) DSCF5148 DSCF5145 DSCF5150

Reactions: 270WSMfan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!