P1000 Angles and dangles Tilt Table

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone explain all there is to know about tilt table numbers? Is an inclinometer a worthwhile gizmo to put on the dash? Or do you just go by seat of the pants "feel" to know when you're safe on a side hill? As a young kid I was a passenger in a jeep that rolled on a side hill, an experience I'm in no rush to repeat......:oops:

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Every person loads there machine differently, Every time you go out your COG is probably different. Not sure and Inclinometer wouldn't do much good!
Think you just have to learn where your comfort level is.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I use the inclinometer as a reference point number, not a hard “Honda says I tip over at 37.3*” We’re in a dynamic environment, I might get away with 37* on one side hill and tip at 25* on another.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Whenever these inclinometer threads come up I imagine a guy wearing a pocket protector behind the wheel. A passenger with a mullet would be more accurate than that piece of plastic. There's no substitute for seat of the pants.
Said mullet passenger actually helps in a sidehill because they can hang off the side like a sidecar monkey.

R

rickoshea

I use the inclinometer as a reference point number, not a hard “Honda says I tip over at 37.3*” We’re in a dynamic environment, I might get away with 37* on one side hill and tip at 25* on another.
same.it gives me a good idea where 36 is,sometimes it feels extra sketchy and i'm nowhere near it.mostly it's seat of the pants.my rzr seats cause me to sit higher than the honda bench so my cog feels a little different.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Can anyone explain all there is to know about tilt table numbers? Is an inclinometer a worthwhile gizmo to put on the dash? Or do you just go by seat of the pants "feel" to know when you're safe on a side hill? As a young kid I was a passenger in a jeep that rolled on a side hill, an experience I'm in no rush to repeat......:oops:
You feel it, you learn the machines capabilities and it’s tipping points and that’s more accurate than any inclinometer. How your load is distributed, how many people are in the machine, whether or not your ASB is connected, the inflation of your tires (and surely other factors) are all going to play a part in your machines tipping point in off camber situations. Learn it...👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!