P1000 Annoying squeaks!

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone! First post on the forum! My wife recently purchased me a 2022 1000-3 deluxe for our 25th wedding anniversary! I added a Honda 2 piece poly windshield (HATE IT!), Hard roof, and hard back panel with sliding window. I'm having a very annoying squeak sounds while on a bumpy trail. I've tried applying some lithium grease to the dump box bumpers where they contact the frame but no luck. Also applied to the rubber bumpstops on the doors. Also no luck! Can't figure out where it's coming from. It sounds like it's coming from right behind me while driving. Anyone else encounter and or figure this out? Otherwise I'm loving the machine! Thanks

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone! First post on the forum! My wife recently purchased me a 2022 1000-3 deluxe for our 25th wedding anniversary! I added a Honda 2 piece poly windshield (HATE IT!), Hard roof, and hard back panel with sliding window. I'm having a very annoying squeak sounds while on a bumpy trail. I've tried applying some lithium grease to the dump box bumpers where they contact the frame but no luck. Also applied to the rubber bumpstops on the doors. Also no luck! Can't figure out where it's coming from. It sounds like it's coming from right behind me while driving. Anyone else encounter and or figure this out? Otherwise I'm loving the machine! Thanks
Sup Rooster, welcome to the club from south Florida

Better get some pics posted before you get your cogg-burned by the sheriff 😉😂😂

Use the search bar up top right hand corner, look up bed rattle fixes (try different wording also) ton and tons of info on a bit of everything around here.

Good luck 👍

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. It sounds exactly like rubber squeaking on metal and seems like it'd be easy to find..... Frustrating! Here's a picture from our first ride on our anniversary in October! And once I got the back panel installed.

IMG 20221014 073507 IMG 20221024 090633216 HDR IMG 20221024 090615967 HDR

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. Nice pics. I remember some folks slitting 1/4" fuel tubing and installing on rear bed latches. I installed @RB3offroad door bushings on the front doors. Not sure if they are the same on 2022.
#NTC

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to need to get some tracks soon! I just got the RB3 bushings. Need to install yet, when I install the fabric half doors. I'll check those latches out. Thank you!

View attachment 362903
You're welcome. Those rubber bump stops on the door on mine screw in and out and there is a double latch on the front door when shutting it. After installing my bushings I backed out on the door stops and you have to "slam" the door shut but no squeaks or rattles. I like the Ram in the picture, the snow not so much.

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You're welcome. Those rubber bump stops on the door on mine screw in and out and there is a double latch on the front door when shutting it. After installing my bushings I backed out on the door stops and you have to "slam" the door shut but no squeaks or rattles. I like the Ram in the picture, the snow not so much.
Thank you, she's been a great truck. Yeah, snow is just a way of life here in Northern Wisconsin! Keeps out the riffraff we say! LOL 😁

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you, she's been a great truck. Yeah, snow is just a way of life here in Northern Wisconsin! Keeps out the riffraff we say! LOL 😁
We are in the Southern part of Mississippi, we have plenty of heat and humidity, but I guess I'm some of that riffraff that doesn't like snow! 😂

advertisement
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s probably the bed latches. More importantly what rear panel is that? I like that a lot!

A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! Nice anniversary present!

A quick way to see if the doors are the culprit is to crack them open while driving. Seems like I am constantly adjusting the rubber stoppers on ours. The RB3 bushings help eliminate some of the slop.

Why don’t you like the windshield?

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome! Nice anniversary present!

A quick way to see if the doors are the culprit is to crack them open while driving. Seems like I am constantly adjusting the rubber stoppers on ours. The RB3 bushings help eliminate some of the slop.

Why don’t you like the windshield?
It flops around on bumpy trails, I had to add a fender washer on each side at the wing bolt to keep them from slipping and the window closing as you drive, it's super flimsy as in at around 35-40 mph the middle is almost being pushed closed from the wind. I've been a Honda loyalist for 35+ years and it pains me to see how inferior a product this is. My buddy has a Polaris ranger and the machine itself is garbage, but the accessories are great! I really wish Honda would put out a fold out glass windshield like Polaris and CanAm offer. Oh yeah, the weather stripping kept coming off the poly windshield also. Had to buy some 3M weatherstrip adhesive.

A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It flops around on bumpy trails, I had to add a fender washer on each side at the wing bolt to keep them from slipping and the window closing as you drive, it's super flimsy as in at around 35-40 mph the middle is almost being pushed closed from the wind. I've been a Honda loyalist for 35+ years and it pains me to see how inferior a product this is. My buddy has a Polaris ranger and the machine itself is garbage, but the accessories are great! I really wish Honda would put out a fold out glass windshield like Polaris and CanAm offer. Oh yeah, the weather stripping kept coming off the poly windshield also. Had to buy some 3M weatherstrip adhesive.
We have the Honda glass windshield which is great in the cooler temps. But 7.5 months out of the year is too hot here in AZ for much of anything. My experience with most Honda accessories for the pioneer has been positive with the exception of the fabric back panel…it was junk. But someone on her said it was operator error. Hmmm

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have the Honda glass windshield which is great in the cooler temps. But 7.5 months out of the year is too hot here in AZ for much of anything. My experience with most Honda accessories for the pioneer has been positive with the exception of the fabric back panel…it was junk. But someone on her said it was operator error. Hmmm
Yes, the accessories are usually well made and fit well from Honda. Honda is a very smart company that usually has very well engineered products. That's probably why I was soooo disappointed in the 2 pc. Poly windshield. Honda is frustratingly slow and conservative with bringing products to market. They have been getting better but have a long way to go with their factory accessories for the UTV's they sell compared to Polaris and lesser extent CanAm.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks, it's a Honda OEM accessories hard rear panel.
Part# 0SU95-HL4-A30 (A50 for the 5 seater.
Thanks. I may have to add that to my wish list.
Also, I had the Honda flip out on my 22 PK3 when I got it and hated it. Was able to swap it for a @SuperATV flip up. There’s no comparison. I love it.

Rooster Coggburn

Rooster Coggburn

Oct 19, 2022
Northern Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. I may have to add that to my wish list.
Also, I had the Honda flip out on my 22 PK3 when I got it and hated it. Was able to swap it for a @SuperATV flip up. There’s no comparison. I love it.
My brother in law has the super ATV flip out on his '18 PK5 limited and he loves his too. I went with the Honda as it looked like it would seal up better as I have the half doors and a factory heater.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
My brother in law has the super ATV flip out on his '18 PK5 limited and he loves his too. I went with the Honda as it looked like it would seal up better as I have the half doors and a factory heater.
It probably would seal better. Here in TN I want it as open as possible during the hot times. Your rear panel (noHomo) has me curious though…I like the thought of it keeping the dust out but I wonder how much heat it would trap in during the summer. I’ll definitely be looking into getting one.

A

ArizonaSilverado

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It probably would seal better. Here in TN I want it as open as possible during the hot times. Your rear panel (noHomo) has me curious though…I like the thought of it keeping the dust out but I wonder how much heat it would trap in during the summer. I’ll definitely be looking into getting one.
I have the panel on our 1000-5. Reduces the dust a lot…traps the heat though. I just installed a QuickShield yesterday which does a great job of keeping the seat cooler. The heat comes straight up the rear panel into the cab. Temps are cooler now but anything above 80 would be annoying, I will probably try the bilge fan everyone talks about.

advertisement