Anyone running 5 point harnesses in a Talon?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I recently purchased another Talon and installed 5 point harnesses. Went for a ride today at Wildcat Offroad Park and had issues with crotch belt engaging seat adjuster while riding. How and where are you attaching crotch belt so it doesn't affect seat adjuster?

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I recently purchased another Talon and installed 5 point harnesses. Went for a ride today at Wildcat Offroad Park and had issues with crotch belt engaging seat adjuster while riding. How and where are you attaching crotch belt so it doesn't affect seat adjuster?
@Tramguage1 has 5 points harnesses I believe

Reactions: Scrappapotamus
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Tramguage1 has 5 points harnesses I believe
I have the 5 point Simpson. The crotch strap goes above the seat adjuster, when I wear them. 😊 ️ I left the stock lap belt in place and switching between the two is fairly easy, I only use the 5 points when I'm riding with the big kidz, which is rarely.

I attached the crotch strap to the bar running across under the driver's seat, cinched down tight so it doesn't slide side to side. You can see it running to the bottom of the photo. (alum tape is to close off the openings that steam my butt on water crossings)
I DWkJRGN X2

Last edited:
prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ya the strap has to go to the frame. I cut a small slit in the floor panel then down to the frame under the floor. Just make sure you do not just drill through the frame as it will collapse when you tighten it. You should make a sleeve as not to mash the frame over time or what I did on both my cars was a tread insert with a spot weld. It pass's all tech. inspection and you know it is safe. If it ever comes into play you are going to want it to be 100%. It could be your life you save

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ya the strap has to go to the frame. I cut a small slit in the floor panel then down to the frame under the floor. Just make sure you do not just drill through the frame as it will collapse when you tighten it. You should make a sleeve as not to mash the frame over time or what I did on both my cars was a tread insert with a spot weld. It pass's all tech. inspection and you know it is safe. If it ever comes into play you are going to want it to be 100%. It could be your life you save
I would agree with you on all your points. But I would also say that most of the belts we use are not actually SFI certified belts, I don't think the machines we are talking about are race certified for any sanctioning body's rules. Don't even think you could actually comply unless you added specific mounting points to the machine.
I only use the submarine belt to hold the waist belt in a position to be comfortable and snug.
Just my .02

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!