P1000 Anyone use a dash cam if you have a windshield?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just purchased a $40 dash cam from Amazon for my highway vehicle and I was just wondering how it would work for my P1k-3 with a Honda roof and windshield? I am sure road and trail dust would be an issue however just to see how it would work and it wouldn't break the bank. It would just plug into the cig lighter outlet. Just wondering if anyone here has one or has tried one on their rig?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dont see why not?
Ive used a Garmin Verb on my rig’s for years. Same kind a deal like a GoPro. Mine is mounted on the hood

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
It would work, but not sure you‘ll like the results. I had my GoPro mounted inside the cab for a while. The video tends to have a lot of reflections. I have moved mine outside to the hood and the video is much better.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Use a Automotive Dash-Cam Dual Vision mounted inside -- splitscreen Ft & Rear or just ft.screen/ just rear screen
Takes decent vidio no bad vibration.Good detail for 2.9in. screen.

When not in SxS <> its in tow vehicle <> Monitoring Agressive Drivers ( no problem finding them today ).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!