ATV Trader if can't find locally

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Just a heads up if someone is having a hard time finding a Talon, I found mine on ATV trader and just waiting to arrange shipping.

In my case, to avoid paying sales tax, as Montana doesn't have any, I need to pay a licensed shipper to pick it up and transport it as I'm buying it from a dealer in California. That said, the dealer is just charging list price with the standard $940 Honda freight plus $595 for dealer prep. They said the Talons ship in big crates so the dealer needs to install wheels, seats and some other items. It might be an excuse to markup, but considering that some dealers listed a $2600 dealer markup, it could be worse.

Maybe everyone is already aware of it, but figured I'd put it out there in case it helps.

Cheers,

Steve

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
ps - I heard today from someone that Honda may require you to be in person to sign the purchase docs. In my case I was able to give a deposit then go within a few days to do the paperwork, which was easy as it was 2hrs from where I was spending some time. Got mine from Kenny at Hollister Motorsports in CA who were great to work with. They had a second one available last week, but not sure if it sold yet. Good luck.

Reactions: Blownzuki and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!