N

nhinze

Aug 2, 2016
Giddings
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3

3. Big Red
I recently bought a 2012 BR with about 400 miles. It has Gorilla axles all the way around, a 3" lift??(guessing) and 31" outlaw tires. Every so often the passenger rear axle will pull out of the housing. Maybe not the correct terminology.....see pic.
BR Axle

I put it in neutral, slide it back in by hand, and keep on rolling. It's never completely pulled out. I'm "minimally mechanically" inclined by seems like there should be an easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a clip or "set ring" on the shaft end. Replacing this could help.
But if the lip has become worn on the inside then the main case inside will need to be replaced.

SET-RING (24X1.6) (R. SIDE) Part #44319-SC2-003

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club by the way. Hope you are enjoyign your Big Red.

Here is a pic. You can see the ring on the end there.
41sYcXa7eVL

N

nhinze

Aug 2, 2016
Giddings
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3

3. Big Red
I replaced the set ring and still no luck.....Is there another ring (oversized), I can try? What parts would I need to replace the inside of the main case?

Reactions: Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I replaced the set ring and still no luck.....Is there another ring (oversized), I can try? What parts would I need to replace the inside of the main case?
Well. That sucks.
Oversided! I'm sure you could but where to find... IDK.

How sure are you that there on the right sides? They are different sizes Left and Right.
One may look to fit but it will be fully compressed while the other one will pull out like yours did.
IDK which one is witch.

N

nhinze

Aug 2, 2016
Giddings
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3

3. Big Red
The right side appears longer than the left and in researching that should be correct. The set ring I ordered previously was a Honda. I called Gorilla Axle and they said their set rings are different than Honda's. I ordered a set and will give it a try.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!