Bad squeaking on the front of X4 Live Valve

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have bad squeaking that is driving me crazy in the front suspension. It’s very loud. What are some things I can do?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have bad squeaking that is driving me crazy in the front suspension. It’s very loud. What are some things I can do?
If it happens from bouncing, you can squirt a dry lube on the springs, they might be rubbing on the shock body. WD-40 will collect dust so I wouldn't use it. If the squeak stops you'll know what it is. If you think it's a rotational squeak, like an axle in its seal, try the dry lube there.

Reactions: Mudwing
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if I have the same squeak or not but I have a bad one for sure! Had it since about mile number 2 LOL. It is something in the suspension, like an a-arm bushing. Most noticeable when the engine is off and it is nice and quiet, then you step out and the suspension moves a little. I wish the bushings had grease zerks or something, I don't know how to lubricate them? It was doing it way before I put the 32s on.

J

JTW

Not sure if I have the same squeak or not but I have a bad one for sure! Had it since about mile number 2 LOL. It is something in the suspension, like an a-arm bushing. Most noticeable when the engine is off and it is nice and quiet, then you step out and the suspension moves a little. I wish the bushings had grease zerks or something, I don't know how to lubricate them? It was doing it way before I put the 32s on.
Try clocking your springs..

J

JTW

Yes.. rotate them. They say 180* but sometimes that’s not where they seat best. Just rotate them until they gave the least amount of bow possible.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!