Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@HondaProKevin posted up some nice pics on his blog of a customized Pioneer 1000. Thanks Kevin !

I want to know what exact FOX shocks were used here:
Honda pioneer 1000 custom utv atv sxs side by side

Full story here:

Custom 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 Baja - SEMA 2015 | Honda-Pro Kevin

Custom honda pioneer 1000 5 utv atv side by side

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Not quite sure how that fits in at sema show, couple stickers shocks ,wheels and tires that dont look very good. Give me 10 grand id put some accesories on that pioneer people would notice.

sajnaj

sajnaj

Jul 5, 2015
clinton indiana
I could only imagine what kind of numbers that engine would put out with a turbo if in fact if is the same engine as the Africa twin

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Last edited:
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Most certainly improved rebound and damping properties, meaning the whoops and washboard bumps would make the machine buck a lot less and improved slow speed ride. Thing is they are FULLY adjustable so you can set it up to play speed racer or boulevard cruiser depending upon your need that day just a few turns of the knobs.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I corrected the above had the wrong pic and link they are Fox 2.0 Podium RC2 shocks, the above pic is the new version with the goldish anodized body, the older versions are black bodies. Note the reservior on these are identical to the ones on the P1K as the SEMA show.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Why don't shocks like these already come equipped from the factory on a $17k machine? Or better yet, offer them as a $500 upgrade if you check the box. If Honda wants to price them like a vehicle, let us pick what we want ours to come with.

Reactions: Jacob4x4
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Why don't shocks like these already come equipped from the factory on a $17k machine? Or better yet, offer them as a $500 upgrade if you check the box. If Honda wants to price them like a vehicle, let us pick what we want ours to come with.
Its probably going that way (hopefully). This is the first year, and Honda doesn't know yet how these pricier machines will sell - like hot cakes or lead balls. I'm guessing more like the IHOP menu..

Reactions: joeymt33
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I agree that I would love them to come factory on the machine but I do believe they would have to raise the price for it. You gotta look at what you get with this machine for 17k. It's kind of like saying on the Polaris.....man for 17k I can't believe I don't get a transmission instead of this out dated belt drive!! It just depends on what you are really looking for in a machine. I look at all those things as stuff "I can add to my pioneer" where the pioneer has stuff that you can not add to other machines though....I will be buying these shocks for my pioneer!!

Reactions: Whiskey1
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
I agree that I would love them to come factory on the machine but I do believe they would have to raise the price for it. You gotta look at what you get with this machine for 17k. It's kind of like saying on the Polaris.....man for 17k I can't believe I don't get a transmission instead of this out dated belt drive!! It just depends on what you are really looking for in a machine. I look at all those things as stuff "I can add to my pioneer" where the pioneer has stuff that you can not add to other machines though....I will be buying these shocks for my pioneer!!
I agree. I know it would up the price but if Honda added them as an option and purchased in quantity, it would greatly reduce the prices. Instead of $1200, the price would easily be able to be under $1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!