P500 Ball Joint R&R?

D

Duckhunt

Anyone replace ball joints on a 500? I just pulled control arms for locker install (and to remove arm bushing teeth) and noticed upper right has a little bit of slop. My mentality is I just ordered all 4, I have 24XX miles. Actually through dealer Moose brand seemed like way to go. At least they come with nut and cotter pin. Anyway, anyone got any experience? I've replaced many pressed in joints in pickups so I imagine a little sxs can't be tough, especially with the arms on the bench. (gulp)

Reactions: trigger
Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
My P500 has over 4,000 miles on it now. Right upper ball joint is worn. Probably due to the 2” wheel spacers. About to replace all four of them.

Reactions: trigger
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Good call to replace while there and who knows the "real-life" of these components without time/data on these units; that is, what can one expect in the stock configuration vs. modifications (those can range tremendously across units).

Reactions: Backwoods
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!